Chanterelles at Costco [General]

2011 Oct 28
Chanterelles at Costco. 1 pound for $9.99. They were great in an omelette this morning and will be using more on the weekend.

2011 Oct 28
Yup, it's a great deal! They came in about a week ago though now, so careful with the packages looking a little old or worse for wear, some of the mushrooms might be duds in there.

2011 Oct 28
Funny I was at Costco a week ago and didn't see them. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough... blubarry and Chimichimi may I ask where you saw them? In the walk-in refrigerated section or with the rest of the fruits and veggies? (I usually shop at the Costco on Merivale and Hunt Club if that makes a difference...)

2011 Oct 28
I love chanterelles and normally buy them (usually I get just the smaller ones) at the Byward Fruit Market - but the price is significantly higher than what Costco has. I usually use them to make Coquille St. Jacques using a recipe from Emeril Lagasse. I was a really big fan of Emeril when he emerged on the Essence of Emeril. While I thought he got a little too over the top once he took off, I must admit I have never had a recipe of his fail.

If you are interested, his Recipe can be found here:

www.foodnetwork.com

2011 Oct 28
Pasta Lover - I, too, shop at that location. I was there on Thursday or Friday evening, they were in the refrigerated area that you have described next to the rest of the mushrooms. They had literally just unwrapped an entire skid of these beauties and I descended upon them in a mushroom induced frenzy.

2011 Oct 28
Thanks chimi! I am clearly going to have to return to Costco. I bought some lobster mushrooms at the Byward Fruit Market recently and they went nicely in the risotto I made using smoked arborio rice from the Salty Don. Alas mushroom season always seems too short...

2011 Oct 28
Last year they had full pounds of fresh morels for the same price. Haven't seen them since.

2012 Oct 24
Has anyone been to Costco lately? Anyone know if they have chanterelles in stock? I'm planning a trip there on Sunday and am hoping to score some.