PC Black Label [General]

2011 Oct 27
Now that it's been out for a short while, I thought I'd check to see who has tried some of these products. What have you tried? Was it worth the premium cost? Would you buy it again?

So far I've tried the "truffled coffee beans"...essentially chocolate covered coffee beans. Pretty damn good! I think I enjoy them more than the Starbucks variety. A bit steep at about $5 for 100g, but they do go a long way. I only eat 3 or 4 at a time.

The other product I tried was just today. It's the "bacon marmalade". How could I pass that up!?!? I've only sampled it on a cracker so far, but it's great! I'm thinking about ways I can use it. Any ideas? It's very good and well worth the cost IMO, when compared to many other specialty chutneys/jellies/jams. It's about $5 for a medium sized jar and should go a long way. It's sweet, but not overly, with bits of bacon, balsamic, onions..,.yum.

2011 Oct 27
I have been eyeballing the bacon marmalade since it came out. I wonder if a baked brie topped with this would be any good. I will have to pick some up and taste it for myself.

2011 Oct 27
It would be a great brie topping!!

2011 Oct 27
I bought a big jar of Marcona almonds and they were as good as the ones I bought at Wegman's, but about half the price.

2011 Oct 27
blubarry any chance you can point out where in the store you found them so as to save me from what might be 3 circuits of a large store?

2011 Oct 27
Tried the salsa thatKs made in Texas.
Not bad. I'd add some fresh cilantro, diced tomato and maybe some onion if was trying to impress guests.

2011 Oct 28
I saw the "truffled" coffee beans and put them right back, partly due to price- but also I happen to have a 5lb bag of amaretto chocolate covered coffee beans I picked up in the US for a great deal.
But you can also buy them at:

www.nutsonline.com

$8.49lb :)

also 20 other flavors!
I am working through that list...
www.nutsonline.com

I was very tempted by the PC Black label candies- like the fruit jellies, but then saw the price for them and know I can get the same ones for half the price online (for $2.50 from a chocolate store in montreal I shop from).

The new Black Label jams look good, but I think I would rather just get locally produced jams as those seem better and are also a bit better priced (but also I try and buy locally as much as i can...)

I will probably try something from that line,just not sure what yet!

2012 Feb 9
Just picked up the Black label lemon curd. Very good! Nice tang to it and not overly thick like another brand I've tried (Scott's, I think). Smooth, very lemony and it was on sale....a couple bucks off. Quite cheap.