Takeout pho containers. [Food/Vendor]

2011 Oct 19
What is the standard way for Vietnamese places to serve their takeout pho? I've only ever ordered takeout Phở from Pho Van Van and Springroll House. Up until today, I'd only ever seen it packaged as such:

-1 round container of broth
-1 round container of meat/noodles/broth seasonings (cilantro, scallions)
-1 bag of sprouts, basil, lime, chili sauce, hoisin sauce, etc.

Today my pho came as a tall, narrow container of broth, with the meat and noodles in a square box. While I was originally excited by the prospect on not having to slop broth from one container to another, in the end, the noodles rose to the top, the meat sunk, and the width of the container meant that the flavours and toppings didn't mix at all.

I'm sure that this sounds nit-picky, but as someone who eats pho at lunch out of the container once a week, I have to wonder: Do other places serve it like this?

Maybe I should just bring a gargantuan tupperware and leave it here...

2011 Oct 19
It's pretty much the same everywhere. I started to bring my own tupperware container for another vendor, it worked out really well as they'd put the hot ingredients in the container and the garnish in a bag along with the noodles. I'm sure they'd accommodate you, reduce waste & unnecessary packaging!

2011 Oct 19
I actually bring my pho bowl and they put the meat noodles and garnish all in it for me. I have my broth put in a thermos. Everything stays piping hot and I don't have to dispose of any styrofoam.