Cupcake/bakery delivery service in Victoria [Food/Vendor]

2011 Sep 28
One of our consultants, who lives in Victoria, just finished a contract with us. A group of us are organizing a virtual send-off party for him on Friday afternoon with the staff gathering in our board room and our co-worker joining us by skype. We would like to serve either cupcakes or tea and scones (apparently these are popular in Victoria) however we are trying to come up with some way of providing our co-worker with a baked good item so he can join in on the festivities. Ideally we would like to have something delivered to his office especially if we could keep an element of surprise. So does anyone know of a cupcake place (or any bakery really) that would deliver? (I suggested a gift basket but we would like to keep the cost down since a farewell gift will be purchased.) Any suggestions would be most welcome.

2011 Sep 28
i used to always get cupcakes from this place. they have bakeries in vancouver and victoria. no idea if they deliver, you could email or call and ask.

www.cupcakesonline.com

btw, for canada, they were trend setters. super cute retro shop, delicious flavours, & various sizes. now that the market is saturated with cupcake shops, i don't think they stand out as much any more, but they are still a really popular spot.

2011 Sep 28
oh, and murchies for tea, not sure if they do scones. my favourite tea supplier.
www.murchies.com/store/

2011 Sep 28
I'm pretty sure Murchies would have scones. I remember a reasonably well-stocked display case, and scones are such a staple for tea! :-)

2011 Sep 29
Thanks hipfunkyfun and Fresh Foodie for the suggestions. I just learned our consultant has three co-op students working for him so we may rope them in to making a pick up for us. My coworker asked ME if I knew of any cupcake places in Victoria or Vancouver but I have never been further west than Toronto-;) I will pass on the recommendations and we will work from there. Thanks again!

2011 Sep 29
pasta lover - where is the office? both murchies & cupcake shop are downtown victoria. victoria is tiny, so shouldn't be a problem to run out.

btw, you should head out west sometime. beautiful scenery, fantastic food and a trip all central canadians should do :)

(the north is even better scenery wise, but awful food wise for vegetarians!).

2011 Sep 29
hipfunkyfun Our consultant is at home this week so we will be sending it to his home address. It's on Warren Gardens - not sure how central that is but if Victoria is that small then he is probably not too far from Murchies and the Cupcake Shop. We also found a place that delivers - Oohlala Cupcakes - and they deliver. Have you ever tried their cupcakes?...

I am really overdue for a visit out west. I think I am the only one that has never been to BC-;)

(Thanks for all your help BTW.)