NEW MacD's tv ads [General]

2011 Sep 23
Hands up those who like the new MacDonalds breakfast ads...never tried them, but I do prefer their coffee over Tim Horton's.

2011 Sep 23
Tim Horton's has coffee now?

2011 Sep 23
Bahaha, zym! :-P

I have to admit that the McD's Americano is really quite good! It's about a buck cheaper than getting it at Starbucks and is 10x better than anything you get from Tim Hortons (or the McD's drip coffee for that matter).

Bonus: I discovered by accident that they let you sub an Americano for the regular coffee in their $1.39 coffee + muffin deal -- all they do is charge you 40 cents more for the upgrade. 40 cents is the price difference between a small drip coffee and a small americano. Very decent!

2011 Sep 23
I have not tried the new McD's yet, but I will say that before I was a coffee geek I liked the "new" coffee they introduced 10 or 12 years ago.

2011 Sep 23
Most places in the Billing's Bridge Mall, including the McD's would give you a discount, or upgrade your coffee size for free if you bring your own mug to be environmentally friendly.

But I'm with Zym, I can't stand Tim's coffee black, and that's the only way to really taste coffee.

p.s. The owner of my company brought in some really good Costa Rica beans. He got them at a place online called coffeebritt.com They had some great deals on in the summer, but not at the moment. I'm waiting for the deals to be offered again to buy up a batch. We made aeropress expressos (just passing the water through two scoops, concial burr ground, once). Very nice :-)

www.coffeebritt.com