Beer Kegs [General]

2011 Sep 16
Anyone know where to get used beer kegs in Ottawa? I've heard that on occasion Princess Auto carries them but can't find any. I've also checked Simgo.com and their kegs are new and far too pricey. Any help would be appreciated.

2011 Sep 17
Given that the beer store deposit on them is 50$. I'd be suprised if you found one under that price...

2011 Sep 17
What are you doing with them?

At the beer store's main depot (down south on bank st???) you can sometimes get damaged kegs for the deposit price

If you plan to make beer with them you should sign up for our brew club mailing list and ask there barleyment.wort.ca

EDIT: just yesterday we had an order arrive of 640 pop kegs - but those are already spoken for

I seem to recall there were a couple of guys recently selling kegs already converted for brewing. Not sure if they got rid of it all already

2011 Sep 17
Hey, thanks for the replies. I'll check out the brew club site and sign up for the mailing list. Seems like the best way to get a cheap one. I want to convert the kegs for brewing so I would need a half barrel (15 gal).

2011 Sep 18
Just this morning one of our members announced he is getting out of brewing - so he may have some already converted gear for sale

2011 Sep 18
That sounds like something I'd be interested in. I'm just waiting to get my application approved.