sugar free pastries [General]

2011 Sep 15
is there a shop around town that does really really nice intricate sugar free pastries and cakes? Thanks

2011 Sep 16
I know Malak pastry makes sugar free baklava- they use Maltitol for that instead.
That is what the owner told me. but you have to ask as they might not have them out with the other items.

Malak also makes "diet" ice cream also sweetened w maltitol. not sure what kind though as I have never tried it. It might be a sorbet and some other kind.

Not pastry, but Stubbe chocolates has had a bunch of sugar free chocolate bars for a few years. I have been told they are good and buy them for gifts for people who can not have sugar.

Or online for some nice sugar free chocolates and candy Chocodirect is really good.
I order the Valor chocolate bars, those are spanish chocolate and according to my stepfather who eats 1/2 a large chocolate bar every day they are great!

Also not really "pastry" but Oetker makes some sugar free mousse, like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry- Swiss pastries should sell them, and some Loblaws stores too.

Just looked at the Chocodirect site (am buying stuff so....)
They have a chocolate bar that is 70% cocoa and sweetened w stevia!
I have never heard of that. going to order it for my Stepfather (I eat sugared things). hopefully he will like it.
It is Villars brand and Swiss 100 grams is $5...
-shipping is also only $5 for any order. they only ship in Canada.
I've ordered at least 30+ times from there (not all for me,lol)