current meat deals [General]

2011 Aug 14
I don't think we've done this before ... have we?

Right now at Island Park Metro they have top sirloin buy one get one free for the value pack red grill angus

great deal!

2011 Aug 14
Oh, rib eye on sale at Farm Boy at $10/lb which is a good deal for rib eye, but it is not as good a deal as the top sirloin above :-)

2011 Aug 14
Anyone knows if you can buy a full subprimal from farm boy? dry aged ribeye... hmmm..

2011 Aug 18
Costco has rib eye on sale right now $8.99 per lb which is half price. But you may have to wait around and fight the hordes to get some.

2011 Aug 22
Ron Eade posts the Citizen best deals weekly (omnivore's ottawa)--but Farmboy and Costco do not advertise so they are not included..

2011 Aug 22
Farmboy is coming into that fold actually, starting in a few weeks. They finally gave in :-) But there are a lot more meat deals out there to be had ...

2011 Aug 24
Brown's Indepent Grocer in Stittsville -- today I got fresh lean ground beef for $1.22 per pound in value pack--you had to be there, it won't be for the week. Unadvertised special!

2011 Aug 25
Farm Boy does advertise, I get their flyer ever week.

sometimes they even print a coupon in it.
You can also sometimes get coupons off their website or in their emails!

2011 Aug 26
I like this idea, especially for unadvertised specials like w.c. Posted!

2011 Aug 26
Yes, that is exactly the sort of thing i was hoping would start to come out in this thread

2011 Sep 4
Exclusive to the new Sobey's in Kanata and Stittsville this week--whole chickens for $1.49/lb. They have some other things on sale too.

2011 Sep 4
yeah i have been meaning to post about that new store and their meat deals

in general sobeys is the best place to get sale meat for meat that is getting close to its date. i have stopped a few times into the one near strandherd and gotten half off striploin and rib steaks. loblaw only has 30% off and metro has a certain dollar value off which sometimes is as much as 50% but not often

the meats near their date are still perfect