Birthday Mooching [General]

2007 Jun 9
Hey guys! It's my birthday today! I was just wondering if anyone knows any bars or restaurants that give free stuff so I can mooch to my full potential.

2007 Jun 9
hahaha... Denny's? I know they used to...

Happy birthday! (again) :P

2007 Jun 10
happy birthday!

2007 Jun 11
Happy belated birthday! I'm a little late with this but Tuckers marketplace gives free meals to the birthday person but it has to be on the day of your birthday. Might be a good thing to keep in mind for next year...

2007 Jun 12
Happy Birthday HOT! How's it feel to be 30 now? (ok.. just kidding...) I know Lonestar comes over and sings you a song, and 'I think' you get a free dessert. I think you should forget free food, and get zymurgist to get you some free homemade beer! ;-) Of course, it might be easier for you to just attend the next beer club meeting at the Clocktower... ( No, I am not a member but was fortunate enough to get invited once ).

Pete

2007 Jun 12
Nice of you to offer my beer Pete :-)
I posted an invite here to our annual Big Brew but nobody seemed interested.

mmmmm, beer

2007 Jun 12
I only offered YOUR beer hoping I would get dragged along of course! I thought this would be obvious. I think the Big Brew invite might've scared a few non-brewmeisters away (I know it intimidated me a bit). I thought the Clocktower gig was a good mix of brew-geek and just plain fun. I liked the talk about pH, yeast culture, and stuff, but it was outside of my domain, and would be boring (to me) if that's all I heard for several hours. Maybe I need to brush up on this stuff, and start brewing....

2007 Jun 12
OK, if you think a Big Brew sounded intimidating I apologise. But I think you need to have a better look at the photos from the one last weekend in New Brunswick. :-)

barleyment.wort.ca

What part of "more beer to drink and food to eat than you can possibly imagine" sounds intimidating to you? :-)

The Clocktower thing is once-in-a-blue-moon these days and moves from beer venue to beer venue at that. Though we did meet 2-3 weeks ago at the Barley Mow in Kanata. If you want to brew then just sign up to the club mailing list on the main page of the club site and ask to be a 'brew buddy' to someone. I'll invite you to my next "Brew 'n' Q" if you'd like to see how it's done. Where abouts do you live? There may be others who live closer.

2007 Jun 13
Many happy belated returns. I have nothing to offer save for (for future celebrants) that the Place Bell Deli & Bakery -- in the, er, Place Bell building, on Elgin -- gives you a free coffee and muffin on your birthday...

It's a nice little deli as places that cater to office crowds go, and -- since I'm blithering -- people nearby are advised to pick up salads after about 3 or 3.30pm, when most of them go on a quite-unadvertised half-off.

2007 Jun 16
Happy Birthday :)

2007 Jun 27
Brew Buddy?
when did we soften it up?

2007 Jun 27
In polite company we've always used the term "brew buddy" instead of the correct "brew bitch" :-)