Renting Commercial Kitchen Space [General]

2011 Jul 25
Hello fellow Foodies,

I searched this site for information on renting commercial kitchen space. I found information dating back to 2007, so I will re-launch the question.

Does anyone know of "licensed" cooking establishment that will rent-out its kitchen on an hourly basis, say for 4 or 8 hours on a somewhat regular basis?

Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback.

Cheers

2011 Jul 25
Check out The Red Apron on Gladston. They moved locations and kept their old spot to rent out as a shared commercial kitchen. I believe that you have to agree to a certain number of hours per month and there are some rules but it is well equipped.

2011 Jul 25
Interesting . . . there are bicycle shops that will rent out space and tools for people to fix their bikes.

I wonder if it would be a viable business - setup a booking schedule on the internet and rent out a fully equipped kitchen and trained culinary adviser . . .

2011 Aug 12
Commercial Kitchen available for rent

ottawa.kijiji.ca
Commercial kitchen available for rent, we are flexible to fit your needs and budget, available for a daily rent, monthly or yearly.
The kitchen area includes New equipment with coolers, freezers, prep tables, dish washing sinks, prep sinks, commercial hood, Commercial Range w/ 6 Burners, 24" Raised Griddle & 2 Ovens& broiler, Full-Size Gas Convection Oven, Microwave, Mixer, Food processor, area for Storage.

for more information contact rentakitchen99@gmail.com

2011 Sep 7
The kijiji ad is gone but the email should work. If you cannot contact them at that address let me know as I may have another address for them.

2014 Mar 10
Hi Everyone,

For 2014, something special is on its way for Ottawa food culture.

We are building a shared commercial kitchen for Ottawa food businesses to rent. It is a very exciting project and tentatively we want to open in May. As always, there will be hiccups, so please do not quote me on the date. However, we are working hard to make it into a reality.

The exciting things are that we secured a location and are accepting inquires to those that want to use the kitchen. Soon we will be launching a crowd-funding campaign with Indiegogo to help build this food community hub. You are all going to like our perks, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, please read and share our website link: www.cauldronkitchen.ca

Regards,

David

2014 Mar 10
I've been looking forward to your opening. I don't make a LOT of stuff in the kitchen, and only need a commercial space for about an hour here and there, but have been following your Twitter account for some time now.

Maybe posting your kitchen rules and the food preparation guide on your website would be a good idea so people know what they HAVE to do, why, and how you can help them out.

2015 Jan 21
Looking for a commercial kitchen to rent 1 day a week for now. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

2017 Feb 1
Hi folks,

The Bayshore Community Oven is looking to rent a commercial kitchen for a new street foods initiative. We are looking for one in the west-end of Ottawa. I have searched all of the threads on here and wondering if anyone has had any luck with the suggestions (I have not). The Incubator and the Cauldron are unfortunately too far for our needs (both are both great initiatives!).

Thanks in advance!

2017 Feb 1
There is a new one called Tasters Hub in the same building as Collabspace off Merivale Road..

The have a facebook page
www.facebook.com/613FOODHUB/