Vancouver Suggestions [Food/Vendor]

2011 Jul 18
Hello Everyone!

I am headed to Vancouver from August 3 - 6, and I am looking for some restaurant suggestions. We are looking for good, cheap places for lunch as well as some nicer places for dinner. Nothing crazy-expensive though please! We tend to like the hole in the wall places that have excellent food, but may be lacking in atmosphere.

We are staying near BC place if that helps.

Thank you!

-GK

2011 Jul 18
A place that I enjoyed is Vij's; Very nice, very busy, but they bring you nice noshes while you wait.
www.vijs.ca/

And Bin941 was a fun tapas bar.
bin941.com/

2011 Jul 18
I know I will be hitting up a Japadog stand when I'm visiting home in August! There are many locations around downtown Vancouver and have a store location also! Check out Granville Island Market too for some interesting foods. If you like sushi check out Tojo's on West Broadway.

Enjoy the West Coast (don't for get your rain coat! Although August will hopefully be nice.)

2011 Jul 18
Tojo's is pretty pricey for sushi (but it is excellent!) There are tonnes of good sushi options all around Vancouver, just poke your nose into a few places as you wander by. There is/was a decent bbq place:Slim'z Barbeque Smokehouse & Grill
2884 W. Broadway. Korean food is also a great bet around Vancouver. Check out the BC boards on chowhound for some other recommendations. If you are there on a weekend go checkout the richmond night market:
www.summernightmarket.com

2011 Jul 18
Check out this thread full of suggestions from a year ago. Lots of good ideas.

Forum - Vancouver

2011 Jul 19
Thank you everyone for your suggestions - I had heard that Bin941 was good, but they are closed and re-opening under a new name. We are hoping to make it to Vij's.

Has anyone tried SALT?

2011 Jul 19
My sister lives near Vij's but she can't eat cumin so everyone goes there when she is not avail. The Richmond Night Market sounds ++++ good!
www.summernightmarket.com
Wish we were going ...!

2011 Jul 19
Salt is a great place to go for a mid-afternoon glass of vino and some great nibbles! I highly recommend it. It's a little bit difficult to find and is in the middle of a dark back ally, so if it looks like you're going in the wrong direction you will be right on track!

2011 Jul 19
Hapa Izakaya - hapaizakaya.com/

Does not disappoint.