Golf course yummies? [General]

2011 Jul 12
friend's b-day is coming up in Aug. Him - a golfer in training. Her - lovely and loving wife wanting to treat b-day boy to a round of that nasty game o'luck, followed by a small (6-7 people) celebration back at the club-house.

First candidate is Perspectives / Marshes. I've been to Perspectives (once) and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. But, its also a bit expensive. And so, reflecting on the celebrants (self included), i'm wondering if there's other options out there in golf-land?

Perhaps a restaurant close/attached to a golf-course somewhere and accommodating of a bday cheers, a pre-party of non-golfers guzzling cocktails, etc. A patio setting would be ideal. And, the people assembling are on "foodie" end of the spectrum - as defined on this site, they're non-snobs, but partial to decent-ish food.

Ideas? None of these freaks participate in OF, so i've drawn the short end of the straw in soliciting suggestions. Help!?

2011 Jul 13
We used to golf at the Chateau Cartier Sheraton in Gatineau, and then have buffet brunch at the hotel restaurant. It has been many years, so not sure if it's the same, but the brunch used to include very nice artisanal cheeses, hot and cold dishes, pastry and a very popular whole poached salmon. Not sure what the dinner menu is like these days, but I have heard they have a brazilian menu now.

2011 Jul 13
If they want to get away but not so far: Stonebridge www.stonebridgegc.com/ is a beautiful course to play on and they're a five minute drive away to restaurants in Manotick - two good choices: The Black Dog www.blackdogbistro.ca/ or Paesano www.paesano.ca/ (reasonable prices and good++ eats - reservations recommended for both).

Wishing them a great day/evening out.

2011 Jul 13
blubarry, AMR - awesome, thanks for the suggestions!

2011 Jul 13
I don't play golf, but Edelweiss on the Quebec side I've heard is a beautiful course, and picturesque Wakefield is nearby.