Restaurant robbery [General]

2007 Jun 3
Never heard about the Thirsty Toad restaurant (on Bank Street) until reading the news about this restaurant being robbed by two men around 9:30 AM on last Thursday. I have entered this vendor to the database.

The two men confronted the owner of the bar at knifepoint and demanded money once inside.

2007 Jun 3
Scary!

For those who are somewhat familiar with the Billings Bridge area, the Thirsty Toad is in the same building where the Stout Brothers pub used to be. I haven't been but someone I know used to work there.

Here's a link to a story about the robbery:

www.canada.com

2007 Jun 3
That's terrible. Thefts are bad enough, but when violence is involved it's even worse.

Gee, the Citizen has sunk to new lows in quality of reporting: "But instead of slitting his throat, the two robbers who rushed into his Bank Street bar and restaurant instead tossed him head first into a wall..."

* Awkward run-on sentence (remove "who rushed into his Bank Street bar and restaurant" for a better result).
* Redundant use of "instead".
* Unnecessarily sensational opening ("instead of slitting his throat") worthy of a tabloid.

Don't they have editors? LOL :-)

2007 Jun 3
Haha. I wonder if some summer intern edited that one. :p

2007 Jun 4
Nope.. that seems to be the quality you get from their best. I think it might've been better if written by an intern... ;-)

2007 Jun 5
Hey FF - they are looking for an Technical Documentation Editor at my place of employment... You interested? :)

2007 Jun 5
LOLOL... touché! I promise to keep any future editorial comments to myself. ;-)

2007 Jun 5
No FF I have to agree. Ever since Russell Mills....
lol