Bobby's Table [Food/Vendor]

2011 Jun 27
My friend and I tried Bobby's place in Vanier today and were not very impressed. This was my second visit and my friend's first. I was there this past weekend with my wife and found the food and service okay, but nothing to rave about.

Today, as similar to Saturday, I was having difficulty getting cold drinks with ice. Saturday they told me that they were short of it. Today I didn't get much more than on Saturday. Sounds silly but when you want a cold glass of water or a diet coke, you want it cold and this was not the case.

I ordered matzoh ball soup and it was indeed the worst I have every tasted. I asked the waitress to remove it and she asked if there was a problem. I told her that it was tasteless and the worst I have ever had. The soup was hot water and a bit of veggies, not chicken soup as most places who sell matzoh ball soup use to make it. I ordered the very large smoked meat sandwich and my friend ordered a regular one. They arrived and both were the same size although mine was clearly $4 or $5 more than his.
After lunch, we received our bill and the soup was charged as part of my meal. The waitress told me to go see Bobby as they were not allowed to remove charges from the bill. I was annoyed, paid the bill and left. This is hardly Nate's but a poor example of it. I will not go back nor will my friend. He was not impressed whatsoever.

Some say this place is pretty good. Some people have no taste for food because this place is very average, nothing special. There are many more and better restaurants to eat in here in Ottawa. This was definately a bad experience.