WOLL cookware [General]

2011 Jun 19
WOLL cookware was featured at Kanata's Costco Roadshow today. Those non-stick fry pans look very sturdy. I was told that those cookware are made in Germany.

Any one has bought them? Any comments? I just wonder how durable they are. Each piece is very expensive.

2011 Jun 20
Ashley I bought a set of cookware in Germany over 25 years ago and they are still as good as new.
Expensive yes, but to me well with the price.

2011 Jun 20
I was curious about this, because I'd heard about non-stick cookware of very high quality. The demos of Woll Titanium non-stick pans look impressive:

However, it seems ALL non-stick cookware uses PTFE (the chemical trademarked as Teflon). preventdisease.com

So I'm very hesitant to buy any new non-stick pans of any kind.
Better to get a good cast iron pan and season it well! It works for zymurgist:

2011 Jun 20
Lodge pan for the win! Note that cheap cast iron may not perform as well so you are taking your chances with those inexpensive chinese jobbies at the Superstore. My cheap chinese griddles are really hit-and-miss but my Lodge pan rocks every time. One of these years I'll break down and get some good griddles.

I think best price on Lodge is at Russell on Preston

2011 Jun 20
cool videos!!

2011 Jun 25
We've got creuset made in Germany (plasma cookware) for about 8 years now, use it all the time, and it's still going great. It was expensive but it's worth it.

It's also titanium with the non-stick cast into the metal.

www.plasmaic.com/

I guess all of these also work on induction heaters. Earlier in the week www.newegg.ca had an induction cooktop on sale. I should have posted it. We have two induction cooktops that we use for our version of Mongolian Hot Pot at home in the winter.

I buy a lot of stuff from newegg.ca and they are very reliable, fast shipping, and no problems with returns. Also if items have rebate coupons on them, they list the price before the coupon, which is less misleading that what FutureShop and other places do.