Gluten Free Baked Goods? [General]

2011 Jun 15
I am looking for a bakery in Ottawa that offers Gluten Free items - particularly a gluten free baguette?

Thanks!

2011 Jun 15
Sources of Gluten-Free Products: Ottawa Area and Mail Order Bakeries
www.celiac.ottawa.on.ca
A decent resource. Might be an idea to use it to call and ask?

(How to Make Gluten-Free French Baguettes: www.dummies.com)

2011 Jun 15
Ginger Kid Not sure about baguettes but Trillium Bakery and Little Stream Bakery make gluten free breads.

2011 Jun 16
Thanks! live4food, That link was very helpful - I am going to try out Bread & Sons.

2011 Jun 16
Do those amazing flourless chocolate walnut cookies at Art-is-in count as gluten free?

2011 Jun 16
Natural food pantry also sells a lot of gluten free baked goods- but they seem to sit in the store quite a few days and seem to move slowly.
they also have some frozen gluten free breads- a lot of them.

-they also have gluten free cake mixes- I sampled one when they had one made in the store it was good, but seems expensive for almost $10 for 1 mix.

Independent on bank st also sells gluten free baking mixes.

Aunti Loo's vegan bakery usually has 1 vegan item every day they are open, but i would call and ask or pre-order. her store is extremely small.

Golden baguette on bank st they also have gluten free coconut macaroons in green tea, chocolate, or "pumpkin spice"? flavor.
they are good, they also make a Mochi pastry that is from rice flour w bean paste or fresh coconut inside it. those are gluten free too.