Panini Grill Cafe - Cheap, great eats [General]

2011 Jun 14
The Panini Grill Cafe is a new restaurant on Montreal Road (165 Montreal Road). The owner of this restaurant has been working with the Carleton Centre for Community Innovation at Carleton University under their program for Social Enterprises. After speaking with a professor I know, and being interested in supporting social enterprises I decided to stop by. This little cafe is spartan and currently does not have a liquor license. Also, the name is deceptive, as it is both a panini place and a great place to find some Caribbean food. My husband and I both at the Jerk Chicken, it came with rice and beans, lightly fried plantains and tons of delicious chicken covered in jerk sauce that was just the right amount of spice. The dish also came with a light sauce for the rice. For $6.75 a plate, this little restaurant must have some of the best bang for your buck in Ottawa. My husband and I left stuffed and satisfied (I couldn't even finish my plate). This restaurant delivers in terms of quality and price. The good news is that they also do take out! So, next time you need to grab something on the way home, it may be worth giving the panini grill a try.

2011 Jun 14
Cloned to Panini Grill Cafe.