Tremblant Eats [General]

2011 Jun 2
I am heading to Tremblant for the weekend. Would anyone have any recomendations for restaurants. Dinner (Steak) and Breakfast (Bacon n Eggs).

Thanks in advance.

2011 Jun 3
My best luck has been along Rue Ste Jovite in Ste Jovite, about 5-10 min drive from the 'village' on 327/Rue Labelle. It's touristy but there are some good options.

On the high end I'd recommend Les Copains D'abord - very continental French, mostly classic dishes, wine pairings if you wish. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but I'd estimate you're in for $75-100 a person with wine; mains are approx. $25-40, apps 15-25 if i recall correctly.

On a more modest scale, I recently enjoyed a rather simple place called Le Grill Ste-Georges. I had modest expectations as it's a half bar/half resto, but it was late and we gave it a shot. Very solid bistro classics; steak tartare, fries, steaks, escargot, onion soup, pork loin chops etc. Probably more in the 75-100 range for two. It definitely hit the spot after a day of skiing.

2011 Jun 3
Here's a secret about St Jovite - once you're on the main street, head 'up' (North, whatever)...

Once you're past the usual well touristed places, continue a minute or two more. On your right will be 'L'ESCALOPE', an absolutely excellent restuarant with a great great table-d'hot deal including a delicious pepper steak (good idea to call ahead for a res, and note it's BYO, there's an IGA just around the corner).

A little further on, same route, is EGGSPRESS (or something else EGGS'... i forget) next to a video rental place. BEST. BREAKFAST.

If you pass the St-Hubert, you've gone too far.

Also worth checking out is SUSHI GO. If you're familiar with the takeout chain, forget what you think you know. This place is classy and does beautiful things to sushi.

At Tremblant Mtn village, the Creperie is really nice and SPAG & Co surprisingly good. For steak... a few places are okay or even great but you're going to pay and pay so ymmv. LA FORGE is legendary both for food and price.

In Tremblant village itself Ital-Deli does great Italian food but i can't recommend anywhere else with confidence.