Help needed on cooking pork belly already cut into portions [General]

2011 Jun 2
I am going to be making pork belly this weekend for the first time and would appreciate any help/suggestions with regards to what I am planning. The pork belly will be one of two appetizers I am making and I am looking to keep relatively simple. I have 5 individual portions and planning on using my slow cooker to prepare them based on the following recipe by Michael Smith which uses a whole pork belly.

www.foodnetwork.ca

Essentially, in his recipe he braises the pork belly in orange juice for about 8 hours in the oven at 250 F, cutting the indivudal pieces and then roasting them for about 15 minutes just before serving.

Do people think doing the same with the individual portions (bone and rind removed) in the slow cooker will work? Anything I need to be concerned about.

I am open to alternative ways of doing it in the slow cooker but I need something relatively simple and hands off given that its one of two appetizers. The individual portions are already bought so getting a whole pork belly is not an option.

Any suggestions, including how I will know when they are effectively done cooking, would be appreciated.

As always, I very much welcome and appreciate all thoughts, suggestions etc.

Cheers