Le Cendrillon Cheese [Food/Vendor]

2011 May 31
There was a write up in the Globe and Mail last month on Le Cendrillon Cheese which noted it was declared the “best cheese in the world” at the 2009 World Cheese Awards. See: www.theglobeandmail.com

According to the article, it's available at Loblaws but I have not seen it there when I have looked. I am guessing there was probably high demand after the article was published. I am wondering if anyone has bought it or seen it around town recently? Would like to get for a dinner I am having this weekend.

Cheers

2011 May 31
medicinejar You could try Serious Cheese since it is on their product list: www.seriouscheese.com You might want to call first though because their stock was getting low when I was there last weekend. (I guess it's in anticipation of their upcoming move.) Or the House of Cheese in the Byward Market might have it.

2011 May 31
Costco. Seriously. I've bought it there three times in the last 12 months. you get two "logs" and it is reasonably priced. I have one left in the fridge now... and I am hungry... thx for the reminder.

2011 May 31
I have bought it many times at Loblaw's merivale. Nice with strawberry chutney.

2011 May 31
House of cheese.

2011 Jun 1
I've had good luck buying it at both Farm Boy, as well as Nicastro's/La Bottega.

It's fantastic. Great texture, funky flavour.

2011 Jun 1
Costco is a great spot for cheese... amazing prices too.

2011 Jun 2
Thanks to everyone for your tips. Sadly not available at Costco, and yes the prices are wonderful, but I did find it at Farmboy! Looking forward to having it this weekend.

Cheers