Good patio eats [General]

2011 May 23
Anybody have any suggestions? With nice weather coming our way (eventually), every summer I have so much difficulty finding a patio with decent food. I wish my favourites (Welly, Absinthe, Fraser, Allium, Petit Bill, etc) had patios.

Anybody recommend anything? Full disclosure: I find the pubs (especially the chains like RO H&C) in this town sub-par at best.

2011 May 23
murray street, best patio in the city by far!!

2011 May 23
Actually, I think that Petit Bill's has a patio...

2011 May 24
I would also appreciate suggestions for patios with good food, but are there any that also have a nicer atmosphere than just being plunked on the curb of a busy street or parking lot? I used to like the garden tables at Le Jardin years ago. Anything similar anywhere?

2011 May 24
the chelsea pub (www.chelseapub.ca/) has amazing food, a great beer selection, and one of the best patios i've ever been to

2011 May 24
Bacon I.V. Murray Street has, hands down, the prettiest patio in Ottawa IMO. It's behind the restaurant and is surrounded by a lovely vine-covered trellis so you would be pretty secluded. And the food is fantastic to boot.

The Courtyard Restaurant and Mamma Grazzis also have nice patios that are away from the street. I would start with The Courtyard Restaurant first though since their food is excellent. Mamma Grazzis is very good but not as spectacular as The Courtyard.

If you are ever in the Byward Market for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon I could recommend a light lunch and/or coffee at Planet Coffee. They also have a secluded patio and the food is delish.

2011 May 24
Thanks all for your recommendations. Agreed, Snoopy Loopy, I think Petit Bill's does have a patio, I stand corrected.

Looking forward to trying all these restaurants.

2011 May 24
Milagro's has a nice roof-top patio... the furniture sucks but the food and view is nice.

2011 May 24
Sweetgrass has a patio outback. Plastic chairs but the food is good.

2011 May 24
Agree with Cait on Chelsea pub, very cool patio

also agree with eastcoast on Murray Street.

Irene's pub on Bank actually has a pretty cool patio and I find their food quite good. Super cool free live acoustic music on Sunday nights :o)

2011 May 24
the patios at dow's lake are great, food not so much, but for drinks and and appetizers, you could do lago.

il piccolino has a nice patio on preston st, vines and little lights make it feel like you aren't sitting right on the road.

2011 May 25
Todric's has a nice small patio, 4 tables I think it is.
Was there Saturday and the only customers on the pation was the owner and one of the chefs having dinner.

inside was pretty dead too.
but the food is good (their menu is online).

but no idea if it is busier at other times as it is not downtown.