Aerosol Liquor! [General]

2011 May 19
This is a discovery that I made which may help me get through day 7 of camping in the rain and cold in upstate NY. Alcohol infused aerosol whipped cream! This one's vanilla, but they also have cherry, chocolate, banana, caramel, coffee etc. And it's perfect for camping because it requires no refrigeration. I have been too scared to read the ingredients list.

2011 May 19
This is awesome!! After visiting their website (givemecream.com) I can't help but think that the primary application of this is as a uh... "marital aid." ;-)

The LCBO should totally pick this product up!

2011 May 19
Very cool! How much was it? Over-priced I'm sure...

2011 May 19
I saw it online for $10 per can (375 mL?). So maybe 3x the price of regular aerosol whipped cream. Pretty much what you'd expect given the addition of booze.

2011 May 20
$9.99 US at Alkie's liquor in Massena. I am not making that name up. Check the picture.

2011 May 20
I was going to ask...but just did a bit of Google-ing and you can add booze to cream (or whipped cream) in the carton.
For every cup of cream add 1 TB of booze and 2 TB of powdered sugar (through a sifter to ensure super fine-ness). Of course, I'd try upping the booze... :)

2011 May 20
That looks like a cool product.
I would pick some up but it is not available in VT yet.
guess I will have to mail order the whip cream product!

2011 Jun 9
After seeing on CREAM's facebook page that it is now being distributed in Canada (www.facebook.com), I pinged the LCBO about bringing it into Ontario. Sadly, this was the reply:

"Thank you for contacting LCBO Contact Centre about alcohol-infused whipped cream

Unfortunately we do not carry this product and there are no purchase plans at this time. It may, however, be available through an LCBO private order."

2011 Jun 9
It definitely has a kick, and the fact that it doesn't require refrigeration made for a much better hobo pie on the campfire.