Blue Point Toasted Lager [Booze]

2011 May 18
I enjoyed a 3-day escape to NYC with my wife last week and discovered a spectacular beer in the process. While dining at the Grand Central Oyster Bar (www.oysterbarny.com -- food just okay) I quite randomly selected the Blue Point Toasted Lager (www.bluepointbrewing.com) to drink.

This stuff was amazing. Probably the beer I've enjoyed the most -- even more than De Koninck! I'm not a big beer drinker, but there are a handful that I enjoy much more than others (preferably draught): Caffrey's, Kilkenny, Rickard's Red, and De Koninck. The BP Toasted Lager perfects the nutty aftertaste that I love so much, and it does so without too much bitterness up front. Truly excellent from sip to swallow.

Blue Point is a relatively young Long Island brewery that appears to only distribute to the Eastern United States.

I'm curious to know if others have tried this and liked it. Any idea if it's available closer to Ottawa, like in upstate New York?

2011 May 19
Depending on how badly you want it, you could look into private ordering through the LCBO.

www.lcbo.com

You could also ask the people on the BarTowel forum if they've seen it somewhere in upstate New York.

www.bartowel.com/

There's Bessettes in Canton you could phone to see if they carry it.

2011 May 20
I've known about Blue Point for some time, since my brother lives on Long Island. They brew the original Hoptical Illusion which i drank often in L.I. and brought back with me on a few occasions. I enjoy the Flying Monkeys Hoptical Illusion these days.

Anyway, I haven't tried the Toasted Lager will add it to my to-do list for next time I visit Long Island.