Escapist garden patios [General]

2007 May 25
When the weather gets like this I really start to miss the patio at Montreal's Santropol restaurant. It's an urban backyard, with a tall fence and a pond and trees and tons of of greenery, and it's easy to forget you're in the middle of the Plateau while you have your giant sandwich, pile of fruit, and milkshake.

Do any of you know a similar sort of patio here in Ottawa and region? The "best patio" discussions elsewhere always end up talking about "best restaurant that happens to have a patio", or people-watching type places like in the Market.

Here is a gallery on Santropol's website and a couple additional photos to give you an idea what it's like if you haven't been there:

www.santropol.com
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

2007 May 25
Pete-in-Ottawa's description of Bistro 115 Bistro 115 seems to fit what you're seeking. You can see photos on their website: www.bistro115.com/gallery.htm

Probably the closest thing you'll find here, but I'd love to hear of more.

2007 May 26
Oooh, gorgeous. I'll have to try that place. And how is it that I never even heard of Santropol while living in Montreal? I guess my excuse is that I wasn't often on the Plateau...

2007 May 26
Pam: Santropol is fun! It's not haute cuisine, but it's just plain good sandwiches, drinks, etc. You should go some time you're in Montreal. :)

2007 May 28
Yup.. looks like Bistro 115 is similar! As FF mentioned, read my review, although I'll say in advance it's gushingly positive. Pam, the gaspatcho is good at 115 (although it'll be better in a couple months when the fresh produce comes in) and I'm a total fan of their Pheasant Sausage, and Duck Confit. Let me know how you like this place when you get your BF to take you there ;-)