T and T Supermarket [General]

2011 May 12
So yesterday I went for the first time. Bought some egg noodles, soy, and really mostly standard stuff, but wanted to check it out. I was impressed - its huge and has so many things. I notice not too many comments about it on here. (though there are 10 thumbs up) So since its been around for awhile now..what do people think about it?

I did pick up some of those vietnamese pork rolls..i thought they were pretty good.

2011 May 12
I went recently, and really enjoyed some of the steamed buns that they had at the food counters. They were filled with sweetened egg yolk of some sort? Messy but delicious.

2011 May 15
Just went for the 2nd time today--ducks $10.88 each, several other specials. Busy!!!(careful in the parking lot) on a rainy Saturday but worth the trip. Lots of fun stuff and huge lineups for bbq, meals, etc. I wasn't feeling great and the crowds and smells were a little much. The bakery items are especially unique and the fresh seafood selection is huge. Meat and fish are good to great at reasonable prices--what I looked at seemed to be U.S. or China products. Chinese vegetables great. Fun outing on a rainy day if nothing else!

2011 May 16
I haven't been for a while - maybe its time for a trip back ... I do prefer China town. Fresh herbs were not available last time I was there and St. Honaire has much better baking. That said T&T is huge and has lots of stuff. I did prefer the T&T I visited in TO for prepared food, compared to the Ottawa location.

2011 May 18
has anyone had the live lobster from there? It seems to be a good price, I think the last time I was there it was 7.99 /lb.
we usually do a lobster dinner in May and I've been craving some.

2011 May 18
loblaws will have them at 5.99 / pound this week-end..