El Mazaj disappointing this time around [Food/Vendor]

2011 May 6
I ate at El Mazaj in Gloucester last weekend. El Mazaj offers each table Lebanese appetizers followed with meat selections and charges $35 per person, or $25 per person if you are not staying for the show (bellydancing). When making the reservation, El Mazaj assured us that the vegetarians in our group would be given a discount, since they would be unable to eat the main dishes, which were all meat selections. However, when we arrived at the restaurant our server bluntly stated that vegetarians would have to pay the full amount, even if they could only eat salad. In addition, the falafel was inedible because it had been deep fried for too long and crumbled. When we asked if we could have one long table, so our group to eat together instead of being divided into two tables, we were told it was simply impossible, for no apparent reason. In addition, staff vacuumed the carpet nearby while we ate. In addition, canned drinks were served to our group without glasses or straws. In addition, it was freezing cold in the restaurant. Supper at El Mazaj was a very disappointing experience, so I cannot recommend it.

2011 May 7
This should be in "buzz"

2011 May 7
That was my initial thought too, until I reasoned that people who sign up for accounts to post a single negative experience typically get lots of thumbs down anyway.

Personally, I hesitate to add a new vendor if there is only one negative experience associated with it. For better or worse, I like to focus on the places with positive experiences.