Cupcake Experiences [General]

2011 May 4
Hello everyone,

I need to get cupcakes made for a wedding shower (we will be handing them out as favours in individuals little boxes).

Has anyone ordered cupcakes in Ottawa and been happy with them? I have heard a lot of people saying the flavour/texture of the cake and icing usually aren't great.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2011 May 4
i suggest on going on a cupcake eating adventure. there are many new cupcake shops in ottawa you can go to.

2011 May 4
My two favourites in town are Thimble Cakes and Auntie Loo's. That said, cupcakes are a pretty particular thing (I usually ask the girls at Thimble Cakes to give me whichever one has the least amount of icing. Though the icing itself is quite tasty.)

There are several cupcake shops on Bank Street that are worth trying, and I would echo HFF's suggestion of doing a cupcake crawl of sorts.

2011 May 4
I think you two are trying to make me fat hehe - thanks for the pointers! I don't think it would be hard to get the other bridesmaids to agree to a cupcake crawl!

2011 May 4
I second the suggestion by HFF, go on the cupcake crawl!

We did this in our family when searching for birthday cupcakes, and there is a great selection of beautiful cupcakes out there, but were all pretty disappointed in taste and texture. Even the kids didn't like most of them. Too fake tasting.

If you have the time, nothing beats homemade.

If you are able to travel, there is a cupcake maker in Burritts Rapids who sells her beautiful cupcakes at Mrs. McGarrigle's in Merrickville, and I hear very good things about the flavour and texture of them. Can't recall the name off hand, but here is a link to Mrs. McGarrigle's: www.mustard.ca/

2011 May 5
check out "The girl with the most cake" Her cupcakes are really gorgeous and tasty too. She will do custom designs.
thegirlwiththemostcake.com