Ottawa Veg Fest '11 [Events]

2011 Apr 23

Mayor Jim Watson is proclaiming May 1 Veg Fest day in Ottawa

Third annual Ottawa Veg Fest promises to be the best yet

There's no better place to celebrate “Veg Fest Day in Ottawa” on May 1 than at the event itself, the third annual celebration of veg food and lifestyles in the region put on by the National Capital Vegetarian Association (NCVA) and sponsored by The Table Vegetarian Restaurant.

"Veg Fest is a fun event for anyone wanting to learn more about healthy and conscious eating, and plant-based lifestyles. I visited the event in 2010 and I was impressed by its professionalism, dynamism, and of course the delicious food!" Mayor Watson says. "My great experience at Veg Fest '10 prompted me to want to share this event with all of Ottawa, which I'm doing by proclaiming May 1 Veg Fest Day in Ottawa."

Veg Fest will be held at the Glebe Community Centre (175 Third Avenue), Sunday May 1 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Admission is free. It features a variety of exhibitors, guest speakers, cooking demonstrations, a silent auction, and the inaugural NCVA Vegan Cupcake Challenge for which a panel of local celebrity judges will crown best amateur vegan cupcake baker in Ottawa. In past years, attendance has topped 2,000 visitors for the one day event.

To learn more about Veg Fest and the National Capital Vegetarian Association, visit its Web site at www.ncva.ca.

2011 Apr 24
I went last year it was interesting and there were some food samples, and you could also buy food there.

Kinki restaurant was also giving away small boxes of their sushi!
I was given a few as they wanted to get rid of them.....

2011 May 2
We had nearly 3,000 people come this year- a record! The Ottawa Citizen's Ron Eade attended as a guest judge in the first Vegan Cupcake Challenge. You can see his review here:

communities.canada.com

and our brief summary with a few pics here:

www.ncva.ca

2011 May 3
I'd suggest you get a bigger venue next year...