Help? - Food industry contacts for high school course [General]

2011 Mar 11
Hello!

I am a high school teacher at St. Pius X Catholic High School. One of the courses I teach is a Food and Nutrition course. I am looking to make some contacts in the industry, maybe find someone to speak to my class (someone dynamic, knows a lot about the industry, great speaker etc.), or somewhere interesting to visit. I am contacting some of the publications in Ottawa to see if they can point me in the right direction. My e-mail is: brad.boucher@ottawacatholicschools.ca
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

2011 Mar 11
You may want to also contact profs at local Universities. I know Carleton offers a Food Science program. You might be able to find a guest lecturer there in-exchange for some shameless advertisement of their program ;)

www2.carleton.ca

2011 Mar 11
If you wanted you could check out my blog. I am currently a chef and indeed went through university first. So if you wanted a younger perspective on the industry I'd be happy to help. My email is matt.samuel.johnny@gmail.com. I also have contacts of seasoned professionals so that is an option as well.

culinaryottawa.blogspot.com/

2011 Mar 11
why don't you send a message to organic girl. she has her own organic farm and sells at a stall in the organic farmer's market. i haven't met her in person, but she seems very outgoing and very enthusiastic about her products and farm based on the email exchange i've had with her.
organicgirl

2011 Mar 13
lol! Yes, HFF, I am very enthusiastic about my farm and what it produces!

Brad, if you'd like to learn a bit more about us and our farm, visit our website www.funnyduckfarms.com