vegetarian - kanata & bell's corners [General]

2011 Mar 10
i'm looking for vegetarian restaurants in kanata - preferably near the high-tech park, or in bell's corners. i'm hosting contractors from india for 4 weeks and need ideas on where they could eat. i bring lunch so i'm not familiar with any of the restaurants in this area.

so far my list is:
haveli

2011 Mar 10
I don't think Haveli is vegetarian . . .

2011 Mar 10
HFF - will you/guests have wheels? And, per Francis' point, exclusively vegetarian?

Carling Ave isn't too-too far from Bell's, and in that neck of the woods, you can get to a couple S. Asian restaurants. Maybe not too exciting for your visitors, but they do cater to vegetarians. Thinking Ceylonta, Little India Cafe, Taj (along with Singapore, a couple mid-eastern places).

A bit further down Carling (woodruffe) lie Pookie's (Thai) and Rice Pea (Chinese). Both pump out quick, but well prepped, lunches and can do veg'n.

Also somewhat close to Bell's, maybe Milestones for a created-in-Canada franchise experience?

i see i've completely failed to provide you with restaurants within the boundaries of either of the two specified areas ... but, i will refer to this thread in mapping out my own lunches next week. :)

2011 Mar 10
haveli offers a number of vegetarian options and is a common place we take travellers from india, so i know that is a safe bet.

i'll try to add in some canandian places and i will take them to try anything they might be interested in eating. i am not sure where they stand on cheese, eggs & tofu.

no cars, just bus travel, but during the work day i can drive them places.

2011 Mar 10
If you think they might be up for Thai, Bell's Corners has Sukhothai on Robertson Rd. which I've had some good meals at. I'm sure they would have a selection of vegetarian dishes.

2011 Mar 10
Would they like anything like The Table- that is closer to Richmond rd though.
But it is vegetarian.

Aunty Loo's bakery also has some very good vegan cupcakes if you want to bring any in to work?

2011 Mar 22
Cyrano's in Bell's corner is very nice - I'm pretty sure they can do veggie for you. Phenom Phen on Hazeldean must also have some veggie items. For Chinese Fortune Express on Hazeldean is very good. Sorry I can't comment on exact dishes, just going on hunches of decent restaurants I'd expect to be able to meet your criteria.

2011 Mar 22
thanks!

we tried phenom phen last week, and have also gone to tim's, subway & quizno's. tomorrow it's falafel (they've never had middle eastern food). i'm thinking mucho burrito, but haven't investigated what vegetarian options there would be. we don't have time for a sit-down lunch every day, so i've been looking for places we can grab something to go and head back to the office.

2011 Mar 22
hipfunkyfun, you could check out Farm Boy on Hazeldean. I'm a big fan of their $6 "Duo" lunch options -- a sandwich/wrap/flatbread plus one of 8 or so salads. I'm pretty sure they have veggie sandwich choices as part of that.

Also, the vegetarian platter at Shawarma Prince is delicious and satisfying! I can manage to stuff down the whole thing but it probably feeds two normal people for lunch. :-)

2011 Mar 23
Mucho Burrito would be a good bet for "fast food". FF's suggestions are also excellent.