donut emergency! [General]

2011 Mar 5
is there anywhere centretown/westboro/glebe to buy fresh donuts on a sunday morning? i called tom & sons to place an order, but they don't bakes saturdays, so the earliest i could get fresh donuts is 4pm sunday :(

2011 Mar 5
Is Art-is-in open on Sunday mornings? Not sure. They make great doughnuts if they are open!

Edit: They are open on Sunday mornings from 10 am according to their Facebook page.

2011 Mar 5
I have heard Wedel on Bell st. brings in fresh Paczki from Montreal on Sunday mornings only. The are like a filled donut. We went last sunday around 11 but they were already sold out.

2011 Mar 6
Where on Bell St? I can't find any info on their location.

2011 Mar 6
It's on the ground floor of a high rise apt building on bell st. north between the queensway and gladstone on the east side of the street. Go early and let me know whether they are worth the trip!

2011 Mar 6
blerg, i was too late to get that info blubarry. i will try one sunday though, now that i know where to go. we were also too early for art-is-in. i hate the lack of quality donuts in this city.

2011 Mar 6
agreed. There is a niche market here that is not being filled!

2011 Mar 6
Oh, it's being filled. IN MY BELLY!

Wait, that doesn't make any sense.
Okay, I just made a bunch of orange drop doughnuts today because my knee is swollen and I couldn't go out to help the Dragonlady shovel snow. I thought she'd like a treat when she came back in. Luckily I had picked up a couple of nice oranges on Saturday.

Yum.

p.s. I love this America's Best Lost Recipes book.

2011 Mar 6
Rideau Bakery has jelly filled doughnuts and some chocolate topped ones and another kind.
they sell out quick though.

Golden Baguette makes fresh doughnuts but is closed sundays-they just have 3 flavors and they are the same dough with a different topping.
the chocolate topped doughnut is good-it is not icing but real melted chocolate they put on top!

Did not know Art-is-in had doughnuts...must visit!