Rent a chef for 2? [General]

2007 May 15
I'm wondering if anyone has any local Ottawa/Gatineau recommendations for hiring a chef to come to my house and prepare a nice meal for 2?

2007 May 15
Just a thought: You could probably easily hire a Superior Level student from Le Cordon Bleu for a lot less money than hiring a professional chef.

2007 May 15
bouche, just ask FOOD is HOT! to see if she can come to your house and prepare a nice meal for you too. She just graduates from Le Cordon Bleu! Take this opportunity before she starts working.

2007 May 15
Thanks!

That sounds like something to procuitto. (bad pun!)

I don't know either of you, but it's probably worth a private email. Food Is Hot can send me an email to boucheATgmail.com and I'd like to explore this option. I'm looking at June 16th between 3 and 5:30.

2007 May 16
Well, I believe Lie Detector may be speaking out of place. Given that FiH replied to this thread an hour before LD did, don't you think she would have already offered to do this were she the least bit interested? But then, maybe I'm the one speaking out of place :-)

2007 Jun 6
how would I go about renting a chef from Le Cordon Bleu?

I have 1 week tops to make this happen! thanks!

2007 Jun 6
Call them!

I'll also post on my facebook alumni page for you, plus I've e-mailed a few of my alumni school friends directly.

2007 Jun 7
Our company hired Chef Chez You's Tim Stewart once, he was pretty solid. Nothing fancy but the food was fairly tasty.

2007 Jun 17
Thanks Sage007 for that contact info for Tim Stewart. I knew my timing was tight for us to get some good food, wind down, and then get ready for our final party.

Here is how our day went: We started the day with our family and close friends filling the Club Riviera train to wakefield. They served us croissants, mini muffins, yogurt, coffee, juice and fruit skewers as we disembarked from Hull.

A pair of musicians (guitar and fiddle) came in and offered to play some music which we accepted in full glory. From there we were only 30 minutes away from Wakefield.

We exited the train car and headed towards the Trois Erables and setup our marriage ceremony in the hot hot sun. I was in a full on tux-style outfit, so I was SWEATING.

We had our I-Do's and then were treated to a really nice light buffet at Le Pot AU Feu. I had a poor appetite which I will blame on my lack of sleep from the night before, but I was happy to enjoy some cold tomato-basil soup in little champaign glasses, stanky cheese, baguette, veggies, bean salads, etc.

After that we had our trainride back to Hull and spent the time playing our guitars, drinking Stella's and mimosas and looking forward to our party in Aylmer for the evening.

This is where I needed a chef for hire. Tim Stewart contacted me at the very last minute yesterday and offered to come by and make our 3 hour break worthwhile. He made himself at home with all of his gear and let us just relax.

He made us a delicious starter salad with candied Pecans, a nice sharp blue cheese, field greens with an onion-appled dressing. That was seriously fantastic. Then there was more.

He encrusted salmon with pepper, seared and baked and dressed it with herb relish (that relish was delish - I identified capers, parsley, garlic, lemon rind/juice, anchovies.....and more).

Added to this was a tasty risotto, sauteed peppers with sundried tomatoes and lightly sauteed asparagus.

This was all done and ready in under 2 hours. Tim Cleaned as he went along and was such a nice guy to have in our home.

I would definitely recommend him to friends, and I will be sure to keep him in mind in the future for a special event.

2007 Jun 18
It was a beautiful wedding Mike! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. Glad to hear you were able to secure Tim's services.

But you didn't mention that your reception was catered by Stoneface Dolly's! Everything was delicious but the highlight for me were the meatballs -- quite possibly the best ever! ;) I hope you got some pictures of the spread.

2007 Jul 8
oh yeah. Bob of Stoneface Dolly's personally catered our event with amazing classy finger foods. I know that the meatballs sound a little cliché but they are crowd pleaser's and they were the best meatballs I've ever had.

THey also brought in some mini yorkies. Tiny yorkshire puddings. A piece of beef on a little pastry with a delicious gravy...all bite-sized. There were a couple of other things that got people talking. His bride-to-be created a Carrot cake for us as a wedding cake to share for good luck which was unbelievable and a cheese ball that people were calling the CRACK ball.

There were also shrimp skewers and chicken satays as hot items which didn't last long. Spicy chirizo bites with cheese and smoke salmon wrapped around melon. I know that I'm forgetting alot but there really was too much going on for me without having a video camera following me around.

I hope to find a reason to get Bob involved as a caterer again. It really put things over the top.

As well, they created a killer lasagna dinner for our entertainment and stuffed them good.

2008 Jul 31
I know that this post was over a year ago, but does anyone know if Bob still does catering?