Kichesippi Brewery Now Open [General]

2011 Feb 24
The Kichesippi Brewery (in the old Heritage location) is now open to the public. I just picked up a couple of growlers. They are $14.75 each ($4.00 deposit) and are filled up right before your eyes. Tastes great, very fresh of course!

www.kbeer.ca/

2011 Feb 24
have they always done growlers?? Can you get others than just Kich?

2011 Feb 25
I believe the growlers are new. And I think the brewery is in the process of getting the beer stocked by the LCBO.

It was just the blonde pale ale available. Not sure what's happening to the old line of Heritage beers. They still have some in the LCBO but I wonder if that's it after the stock is gone.

Also, a friend went today and they didn't do the fresh pour thing. Don't want anyone to be disappointed if they are expecting that. ;)

Cheers!

2011 Feb 25
I believe kitch is keeping the heritage line going. don't think they would buy a brewery and stop brewing the brand they just took over.....i would hope not. Heritage is good, actually prefer it to kitch

2011 Feb 25
I believe I'm the friend Ollie referenced - they didn't pour my growler fresh but the tag on the growler had today's date on it. I just noticed that now.

2011 Feb 26
Good Morning foodies, this is Paul (one of the owners of Kichesippi Beer Co.) Here is some information to hopefully clarify some things:

Growlers - almost all of the growlers we sold in the last week were filled in front of the customer. We did pre fill a couple that were in the fridge for about an hour before being sold. This has now changed so that the customer sees his/her growler being filled in front of them.

We only sell the Natural Blonde in Growlers right now but will be introducing a second option very soon.

The sale of each growler generates 50cents towards Juvenile Diabetes Research.

Heritage Brands - we are still looking this over to determine the long term strategy for these brands.

Thanks for the interest in our company and for all of the feedback.

2011 Feb 28
Wow this is awesome! Although not so good for my beer habit ;)

2011 Mar 1
The fact that this brewery is a 5 minute drive from work is exciting. This may drastically change my beer buying habits!

2011 Mar 2
"...the customer sees his/her growler being filled in front of them."

And we love you for it.

2011 Mar 2
I picked up a couple of growlers last weekend and now I need to get them refilled.

It's a nice beer to have with food, but not to my taste for just drinking a glass after a hard day of sitting down.

2011 Mar 3
Well hopefully they'll be adding a few more options on tap in the future...

2011 Mar 3
I need to re-arrange the shelves in my fridge to fit growlers. So very happy to have Kichesippi here. What will the new brew be though?

Here's hoping for something even hoppier.

2011 Jun 18
hey all

Visited Kichesippi brewery a couple weekends ago. They have two beers on tap at their brewery, the natural blond and the 1855 so I picked up a growler of each. Their beer is very good. I didn't write down any tasting notes but i remember they both had good hoppy flavours.. it's a fun feeling knowing your beer was made in your neighbourhood!

the growlers were filled on demand, and sealed. they have a shelf life of ~3 weeks, but once open, it must be drunk within 24h. A growler contains the equivalent of just under 6 beers.

two thumbs up