Pizza dough [Food/Vendor]

2011 Feb 23
Does anyone know of an Ottawa bakery that sells fresh (or frozen) pizza dough? I'm not looking for pizza "shells", i.e. pre-baked crusts, and I'd also rather not make it myself due to time constraints. Who can help me out here?

2011 Feb 23
Il Negozio (Nicastro's) on Wellington sells them and are the best of what we've tried. La Bottega's is also quite good, but come only frozen, in larger balls than what we'd like, and don't roll out as thinly (better for deep dish).

2011 Feb 23
I know that the Nicastro's on Parkdale and the bakery beside it sell pizza dough. Fresh and frozen, depending on the day.

2011 Feb 23
snoopy loopy Perhaps you are refering to the Casa Nicastro on Preston?-;) And the bakery next door - Campiano - is definitely a good spot to try.

2011 Feb 23
harvest loaf on wellington sells frozen - white, whole wheat, herbed

house of fresh pasta on preston (at sommerset) sells fresh & frozen, white & whole wheat.

i've even seen frozen pizza dough at most of the grocery stores. usually near the frozen pie shells.

2011 Feb 23
Ask a pizzeria if they are willing to sell some pizza dough. my mother was able to buy some fresh dough from gabriel's in orleans a couple summers back, which she used to make pizzas on the bbq.

2011 Feb 23
Metro sells it in their deli area with the pre made pizzas.

2011 Feb 23
Parma Ravioli I believe has some frozen pizza dough too.

2011 Feb 24
I've gone in to the Loblaw's and asked the bakery personnel if they had some and was rewarded with a blob of frozen dough. It was perfectly serviceable.

2011 Feb 24
Yes Pasta Lover :) I would be referring to Casa Nicastro and Campiano. ;)

2014 Sep 23
Just wondering if anyone has any updates to this thread for 2014.
I checked out the Metro deli section and a few other grocery store freezers. No luck.

2014 Sep 23
Nicastro's on Merivale sells fresh pizza dough. Not sure about frozen.

2014 Sep 23
Parma on Wellington sells frozen pizza dough.

2014 Sep 23
Nicastro's on Wellington sells pizza dough - can't remember if it's fresh or frozen. And as Nosher mentioned, Parma Ravioli also has it.

2014 Sep 23
Nicastro's on Wellington is frozen. I prefer the dough from Nicastro's on Merivale.

2014 Sep 23
Home of Fresh Pasta - 106 Preston St (Somerset/Preston) sell fresh. Only available while supplies last. I've found many of the places that sell fresh sell out early.