Lobster alert [General]

2007 May 13
Well it appears as if lobster season is upon us... lots of places are selling canners (small ones) for about $5.99... but wow, I found a great deal at Produce Depot on Carling for $9.99 a pound. I picked up two fair sized ones (1.5 lbs per) and they are cooking as I type. Just giving you all a heads up, in case you love them as much as I do.

2007 May 13
Just a quick follow-up on dinner - this was amazing lobster... brought back memories of Halifax... the SO said it was the best dinner she's eaten ever. I served the lobster boiled, with sauteed crispy corn and new potatoes with minced garlic drizzled with olive oil, along with drawn butter with garlic&herb bay spice with a twist of lemon. Delish. Well worth the $30'ish.

2007 May 15
I'm having folks over for dinner on Saturday, and it's totally going to be a lobster tear-apart-fest. Neither my girlfriend nor our other guest have disassembled a lobster with their bare hands (or bare hands plus crackers) before, so this'll be good fun. Also gives an opportunity to uncork the Wildass White that I've been saving since last year.

In order to keep this on-topic, I would like to tell everybody out there to be sure that the rubber bands are taken off of the lobster's claws before being cooked. Contrary to what some Food Network chefs would have you believe, it definitely does make the meat around the area taste like an old tire.