Indian Food Delivery [General]

2011 Feb 14
My So and I are thinking about staying in tonight and ordering Indian food. Now that Bombay Bollywood Restaurant is no more, we are looking for a new spot that would deliver to Carling/Preston... Any recommendations?

2011 Feb 14
Try using the delivery service Order it. Otherwise I don't know of any indian places that deliver.

2011 Feb 14
Basmati on Bank and Somerset delivers but you will need to phone to see if they deliver to your area.

2011 Feb 14
East India Company delivers

2011 Feb 14
indian express delivers. they are also opening a new location at sommerset and preston, beside plant recreation.

2011 Feb 16
You can order Indian Delivery from the website Just Eat.ca?

I saw Basmati was listed there.
But my only experience with Just Eat this summer was so bad I would not use the service if I was given a free item.

I had ordered a Milano's pizza and actually they had a day every week where you could get a free pizza.
And seriously my pizza took 3 hours-apparently they did not get some orders from Just Eat I was told and also did not have enough drivers (milanos told me this).

I ended up getting annoyed and ordered a pizza from the local place I get pizza from and even though that was almost 2 hours later, the local place still beat Milano's for delivery.

Maybe for deliver of stuff other than Milano's pizza their service is good.

2013 Feb 15

Basmati delivers -- but expect 'meh' food and 2hr delivery times!!

I called to place an order and waited over 2hrs, after calling 3 times after the first hour to make sure they had my address and phone info. The owner kept telling me the food had left, yet that would mean it took an hour to drive 10 minutes!!

So... after the long wait I was hoping for tasty reparation... and the food was only edible. The basmati rice was dry, flaky, and the vindaloo was equally dry (but spicy hot!), and the Sag was so-so, only.

Basmati is off my list for customer service and meh food. Looking forward to other indian cuisine in Ottawa!!

2013 Feb 15
New Nupur on Bank. Does solid food and a surprisingly fast delivery service.
Not necessarily my favouritest Indian food in Ottawa, but my fave when i want delivery.

2013 Feb 15
Not sure about their delivery but I do like the lunch time special combo's.

Their naan are huge and made in a real tandoor oven.

From their website:
Free Delivery for orders more than $25 before tax. Currently we deliver to Postal Codes K2G, K2J, K2E, K2C, K1Z

2 Locations:

4100, Strandherd Drive, Unit#105
Barrhaven, Nepean, ON, K2J 0V1

1600 Merivale Road. Ottawa, ON K2E 5J8

karara.ca/

2013 Feb 15
Seconding New Nupur. Cheerful delivery, and far from the worst Indian in town.

2013 Feb 15
I couldn't find a statement of New Nurpur's delivery area on their website. Would they deliver to near the airport? Or best Indian that would?

We've had Basmati before, and were NOT impressed. Tried Ceylonta a few doors down, too, and one of our items was still frozen in the middle when it arrived - not impressed with them, either. Both dine-in experiences

2013 Feb 15
Best thing would be to call New Nupur, they're really pretty friendly; if they order is big enough, they might deliver that far out?

The only Indian place I know of in your area is Bombay Garden, right by Bank and Hunt Club, but I have no personal experience there (friends have said it's okay). Their website doesn't mention delivery, but I seem to remember seeing a sign that said they delivered.

2013 Feb 15
www.aahar.ca/home.php

Aahar is delicious don't believe they do delivery. Not too far from Carling/Preston if you have a vehicle