Where can I find Ponzu sauce? [General]

2011 Feb 6
I am trying to find bottled Ponzu sauce. Not the kind with soy sauce added. It is pale green sauce. Anyone know where I can find this in Ottawa?

I have looked at T&T, no luck.

Carol

2011 Feb 6
I picked some up at Kowloon Market last week

2011 Feb 6
Are you looking for Ponzu sauce (the prepared sauce that invariably contains soy sauce and other things) OR the yuzu juice that is used for making the sauce?

2011 Feb 6
I got some a few months back at Loblaw's Baseline and Merivale.

2011 Feb 7
I thought Loblaws sold some that was bottled?
Seen it there,but haven't paid that much attention.

If you can't find it I'm sure Suisha Gardens would sell you some-but then it would be in a styrofoam container and not sure how well that keeps.
Usually they are helpful with requests there,but it is a restaurant so not sure of the price.

2011 Feb 8
While we're on the topic of japanese ingredients, does anyone know where to get nice mirin?

(I'm new. This is my first post so, uh, Hi everyone!)

2011 Feb 8
You can purchase Mirin at Kowloon Market or at Wakiu. I usually purchase the Kikkoman brand.

As for Ponzu, you can buy the shoyu mixed version at either store (has a green label).

I have never seen the green Ponzu (non shoyu) in Ottawa. I think it is pretty easy to make though.

2011 Feb 8
Welcome to the site, ripkirby! Enjoy the ride!

2011 Feb 9
I have seen the Kikkoman sauce with soy, this is NOT what I am looking for.
I have also seen Ponzu vinegar, which looks like the sauce I am thinking of.
Maybe it is not called "sauce", maybe just Ponzu.
I have not bought it in awhile, and I think I bought it at the Japan Food Centre that was on Somerset.

I will try Kowloon Market. Thanks!!

Carol

2011 Feb 9
Cee - if Kowloon doesn't have it, maybe try Win Tai Market - they've got a pretty decent inventory of Japanese foodstuff. Don't recall seeing the non-soy version you're describing, but maybe the owner would be willing to source it.

good luck and report back!

2011 Feb 9
I was just at Kowloon and they definitely have it. It has a green label, Marukan brand, and it is JUST the citrus sauce, no shoyu.

BTW. I made a mistake on the brand of Mirin I buy. I usually get the Marukan brand.

2011 Mar 2
Saw it on the shelf at the Byward Fruit Market.