Eating in Gatineau [Food/Vendor]

2011 Feb 3
You guys (generically speaking) came up with all kinds of wonderful locations when I started the "hole in the wall" topic. My wife and I have had fun checking some of them out.

We hae been in Ottawa for almost a year now and have gone over to Quebec only twice. I am sure that there is some amazing little places over there, but so far the only place I have heard of is Edgars.

Let me know what is not to be missed. I don't care if it is high-end, low-end or standing on the street corner. I want to go exploring "en francios (?). Obviously my wife will be doing the translations.

Bring it on!

2011 Feb 3
Restaurants - Le Tartuffe, La Gazelle (if it's still open), I used to love Phoenix du Vietnam but it's been a long time...
Fidélice, pâtisserie fine - an amazing bakery, really beautiful pastries there.

2011 Feb 3
Ditto to Le Tartuffe, and not a restaurant, but the Boucanerie in Chelsea is definitely worth a stop. House smoked scallops are worth the trip. Close by to Les Fougeres which is a local favorite, and Les Fougeres also sells prepared foods to take home.

2011 Feb 3
Try these ones:
Bistro St-Jacques
Chez Fatima
Fleur de Sel
Gy
Molto
Piz-za-za

2011 Feb 4
La Belle Verte is interesting raw and vegetarian food.
I have not been to their location, but did try their food this summer at a festival.

The "raw" sandwiches are interesting. they use a kind of "living raw bread".

I think I just saw a deal for a 1/2 price coupon to Les Fougeres.
will try and find it soon and post.

2011 Feb 4
Maison Samorn as well for Thai

2011 Feb 4
Groupon has the purchase of $25 for $50 worth of food @ Les Fougeres. You have the next 2 days to purchase the voucher.

2011 Feb 4
I'm particularly interested if anyone has a good bbq (rib) place this side of the river. I know there's Baton Rouge, but hubby isn't impressed with their food. Any other place someone could recommend?

2011 Feb 4
I like the ribs at Jean albert's on Somerset. Especially the ones with the Blackberry BBQ sauce.

2011 Feb 4
I'd recommend making your own ribs or trying D&S BBQs ribs out near Carlsbad Springs. I can't recommend JA's anymore - prohibitive pricing for inconsistent product, not something I like to gamble on.