Camelot Edible Creations anyone deal with them? [General]

2011 Feb 3
For quite a few weeks now I have seen ads for Camelot Edible Creations offering discounted cakes or cupcakes and truffles.
They have an ad on Kahoot.ca right now and the pictures of their baked goods look good.
The truffles look good too.

I'm curious if anyone has dealt with this company or of any of their items are good.

2011 Mar 18
Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. Been away from this site for a while.

The lady, I assume her name is Krystal, had a cancelled order due to bad weather about 3 weeks ago. She posted it on Facebook, 24 cupcakes for $20. 12 lemon with vanilla bean buttercream, and 12 chocolate with real strawberry buttercream. I drove 40 min in bad weather to pick these up, and it was worth it!
The buttercream frosting were great, especially using chunks of strawberry. It gave a great texture and added more flavor. My cousins found the chocolate base just a tad dry, but overall LOVED both kinds.

I bought an online coupon for her just recently. And I see she has another going on for groupon, I think. I feel it's a great deal and great product. Not sure about the truffles and cakes, but looking forward to trying them.
Hope this helped.

Oh... I took a few pics of the cupcakes. I'll post first chance I get.

2011 Mar 18
Thanks for the info!
Her products do look good.

But for me I am only 1 person,so buying that much baked goods is not a good idea.
The deal for truffles sounded really good,but I really do not want 60 truffles and also picking them up is a bother without a car.

(and I plan on making my own truffles soon...as soon as I get my chocolate bars by mail....).

If I had a freezer chest,I could always freeze some cupcakes (grocery stores do sell frozen iced baked goods..so that is fine).
I just made and froze some cupcakes here (without icing as I HATE the icing I made..but followed the recipe...used cream cheese and I hate hate hate cream cheese! lol

Looking forwards to seeing the pics.

now I feel like having one of my coconut cupcakes ;)

2011 Mar 18
24 cupcakes are a lot. Although I could finish them in a few days, it was a good idea for me to share with my family. Maybe you could share them at a party you will attend in the near future. Just so you can compare hers to others you've tried, without having to eat all 24 cupcakes. And maybe you can treat us with your batch?

2011 Mar 19
Lol,
the sharing is good :)
But unfortunately almost everyone in my family "hates" cupcakes and stuff with icing.

My mother only had fruits or sometimes dessert from Green Door,aunt is now swearing off sugar,my sister loves cupcakes-but she is not in ottawa.

It could be good for my birthday...except that most people I know were not around in ottawa...and I ended up getting myself 2 cake slices from Stubbe instead.

most people in my family like gelato and sorbet ,thinking it is "healthier".

2011 Mar 28
I ordered a cake for a 95th birthday party and gave her three weeks notice. I emailed her a photo of what I wanted on the cake. I spoke with her on the phone to confirm the cake size, flavour, icing colours, etc. The day before I was to pick it up, she sent me an email (didn't even have the courtesy to phone me!) informing me that she couldn't make the cake. Her products may be tasty but based on her unreliability I would not recommend her.

2011 Mar 28
That really sucks.
I was kind of wondering who she/they would honour the many deals she had listed.
She should have at least emailed earlier or not taken on so much work.

Hopefully the person who the cake was for was not too dissapointed?
For my birthday thesedays, I never get a whole cake as family never wants any...(i just get some slices for myself from Stubbe).

Hope you were at least able to find a decent replacement cake in sush short time.

2011 Apr 24
Had a terrible experience with this vendor. Bought a coupon online but never got hold of her. She never replies to email neither answers the phone. I know that she dropped a few birthday party orders at the last minute and taste is terrible too. Stay away.

2011 Apr 26
That is awful.

Did you try and get your money back from the coupon/deal site?

I just got a refund from WagJag for the Organics delivery deal where the company went out of business.
Most of the deal sites are great with giving refunds,usually.

For a last minute cake Stubbe is pretty good and they always seem to have at least 6+ extra cakes in their store when I pass by.

or for cake mixes if you are in a rush, the Oetker organics line is good.
I've made the chocolate cake,vanilla and their chocolate chip cookie mix.

I can bake,but don't always want to from scratch...

anyway,hope you can get a refund.

I'm afraid to ask what was bad about the cake...

2011 May 2
We ordered a hockey themed cake for my son's birthday. It was ready on schedule and the cake looked nice. I can't say it tasted any different from a Loblaws cake but it was fondant, which ruins cakes anyway, IMHO.

We were going to order another cake for my other kid's birthday but, weeks before the event, she had removed her phone number for the website and said she wasn't taking any more orders before May 1st. camelotediblecreations.weebly.com the site said she was moving.

it's now May 2, so I'm curious to see if she's going to take orders again. The kid's party is on Saturday and he was promised a special themed cake.

2011 May 3
Stubbe I think does themed cakes and they can put different designs and figues on them.

I've seen them make a running shoe out of chocolate with writing on it and I know they make a lot of candy/chocolate/marzipan decorations.
No idea of prices though,as I usually just get cake slices of apple strudel there.

I don't really shop far cakes,so not sure if there is a better place?

2011 May 3
Try the cake shop, wwwthebestcakeshop.com, they do they theme cakes u are looking
For

2011 May 4
I have used "The girl with the most cake" many times for unique cakes and have never been disappointed. they take the time to do beautiful custom designs and they taste great too. Their work always impresses. The pic is of our wedding cake, but they also do some really creative "out there" stuff (like a giant rat) according to your requirements.
thegirlwiththemostcake.com

2011 May 4
webbiest - i'm confused by the end of your post. if camelot creations doesn't respond to you, that means you aren't going to give your son a birthday cake? i don't think it is camelot's responsiblity to make your son a themed cake, especially if it is less than a week before the event and you haven't made any alternative arrangements.

2011 May 4
Camelot replied to my email and said that they are taking limited orders again. I requested a cake for Friday night (I had put in my order weeks ago, just before she shut down the website). she said she could only do Saturday morning but never replied to my email (a couple of days ago now) asking how early Saturday morning (I need the cake for a 10AM party).

So I just told her to cancel the order. Hope Loblaws can do a cake on such short notice.

2011 May 4
Have you tried Artistic Cake Design? They've done cakes for us w/ 24-48hrs notice -- nothing incredibly fancy, but really yummy cake and definitely a step up from Loblaws!

2011 May 4
webbiest - that makes much more sense. i've seen theme cakes already to go at loblaws, also check sobey's and metro. i'd call around and i am sure you will find something. good luck!

2011 May 5
If your looking for good them cakes or cupcakes try Abra...Very good and she would respond to your email requests. New business and well priced!!
www.cakesbyabra.weebly.com

2011 May 5
This is top bad about this small entrepreneur. I've dealt with her twice and she was very nice. I hope she can get her thongs organized. Because I bought two coupons also.

On the topic of nice themed cakes, my friend from college has made some really nice cakes. Www.cakewhisperer.ca. I'm not really promoting her here, although I do like to help out the small people. It would just be nice if other people besides Facebook people saw her cakes. Hopefully you'll find her cakes cute and amusing as I did.

2011 May 6
Good luck with the two coupons you purchased. I would try to get my money back and go with your friend from college next time! There was daily deals posted all over the internet, maybe she was trying to pay for her move!! According to a friend of mine it said on her facebook page that she was having relocation issues. There were also comments all over her Facebook page asking if she had received their emails and another that said they didn't receive their cupcakes of the month. Now she no longer has a Facebook page. Sounds a bit fishy to me! Good luck!

2011 May 6
I placed an order 2 months ago for a cake for my nephew's 1st birthday. I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow. I have been trying to get in touch with her for weeks to confirm pick up and her address with no luck. And the phone number she gave me no longer works. I'm going to try the address tomorrow on her website and hopefully I will get a cake.
If not, I think I will be contacting the coupon site to get my money back.

2011 May 10
I to have used Cakes by Abra and have had nothing but great reviews at my parties. she is young and hip and realy knows her stuff. The price is realy reasonable to. So if you have a need for cakes or cupcakes i would highly recommend Cakes by Abra. Enjoy. www.cakesbyabra.weebly.com

2011 May 11
I also purchased the Koopon deal for Cupcakes. I was able to reach her by email last week. She indicated that she could fill my order and inquired as to what flavours I'd like. I responded immediately and didn't hear back from her.

I have called (number disconnected) and emailed twice to no avail - without a confirmation I cannot rely on Krysta and have requested a refund from Koopon. I think she was a bit too ambitious and got more orders than she could fill.

So now I need a cake/cupcakes for a birthday party in 2 days from now!

2011 May 16
Hi all,

I was having people over this long weekend and I ordered 72 cupcakes. Krysta has been ignoring my emails for the last month and a half after initially reserving the date for my order. I've gotten my money back from Koopon but I'm stuck going to Costco to find replacement desserts.

Is anyone else really angry that she didn't respond to clients by email? I didn't find this comment chain until last week. I had no idea what was going on with her home business until then. Her actions are so irresponsible and I'm loath to think that she can disappoint so many people and just start fresh again whenever she gets her act together. I'm considering sending a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

DS

2011 May 17
I have tried to get a hold of this Krysta woman and am wondering if she really wants any business, if she is to busy why does keep ignoring my e-mails I have tried the number and there isn't even an answering machine.

2011 May 18
Hi everyone,

I have a home-based business called Cakes by Abra. I have recently started out and I love creating beautiful cakes and cupcakes for everyone to enjoy. I went to school for hospitality management as well as taken and successfully completed the Wilton courses.

After reading the above comments I know that I would never want to be put in this position. I know that the first thing to a successful business is customer service...if you don't have that then your success level is decreased significantly.

I strive to please all my customers and exceed their expectations. I always get back to customers with a 48 hour time period.

If you are ever looking for cupcakes/cakes or would like more information please check out my website www.cakesbyabra.weebly.com.

Abra

2011 Jun 24
We hired Krysta (Camelot Edible Creations) for our June 2011 wedding. We sat down and created a great cake idea with everything I ever envisioned in my wedding cake. We put down a deposit of $250 in January. We then gave another $250 2 weeks before our wedding for the remainder of the cake as well as gave her our cake topper.

On the day of our wedding (2weeks ago June 11, 2011) we found out that she "dropped" the cake.She was nothing but rude to the site manager for our reception and offered no solutions.

I then dealt with her (through text message)the next day and thought everything was going to be fine as she was very apologetic and offered me a full refund. I have now been trying to get ahold of her for the past 2 weeks to arrange the refund and have had no response.

My husband and I are now in the process of contacting the Better Business Bureau as well as taking legal action by going to small claims court.

We were very patient and now just frustrated. We would have still given a positive comment because accidents happen, but as of now I would warn everyone to stay away.

We have definately learned our lesson.

2011 Jun 25
So are you saying she dropped your cake on the ground?

or that your cake was never made?
I'm a bit confused.

So did you at least get the topper back?

hopefully you were able to get another cake for your wedding??

that really sounds like a sucky situation :(

2011 Jun 25
It amazes me that people will pay their good hard-earned money to someone who does not work our of a licensed business which has a store front and can replace a cake on a dime. Meaning they have the staff and the capabilities to do so.
Before retiring I owned my own bakery and almost every week had hysterical brides calling for a last minute wedding cake because the person they had hired to make the cake had let them down.
Excuses ranged from wanting to go to cottage, dog died, aunt died, oven not working etc.
This would never happen in a professional store as they keep the doors open no matter what happens in there personal life.
I don't know if it's the money factor or just not doing there home work and due diligence.

2011 Jun 30
Court may be the only way you get your money back.. my friend has been trying to get less than that back for 4 months now and she won't give it back because "she doesn't have it". So just because she took someone's money and spent it (and made no cakes).. she feels entitled to it? She was also very rude and unapologetic and called my friend inconsiderate for repeatedly asking for her own money back! She also owes one of those deal sites money because she happily took the money for those coupons and never followed up with several orders (who knows.. maybe all!) We gave them her real phone # and address because she left them her old contact info(the one she shows on her website) - hopefully they had more luck, but sounds like they got the same "I don't have it - take me to court if you want it" story.. People who think she was too ambitious are giving her too much credit.. I wonder if she ever had the intention of making these cakes she accepted payment for. The scary thing is she also runs a daycare (Butterfly Kisses) - I wouldn't want my kids being watched by someone like that! Maybe all the people she owes money to should sue as a group? (I'm no lawyer, so I don't even know if you can do that)

2011 Jul 4
I don't think there is anything entirely wrong with food from unlicensed places- but I would want to be sure the person knows food safety at least.

Well maybe she should have tried to borrow a commercial kitchen to make her items.
I heard some community centres will let you use their kitchen?

I knew a lady who used to sell homemade jams at craft shows and a flea market. She would use the grapes that grow on her property and she seems to know how to preserve and can stuff.
(she now just does jam for family and gifts as she is around 80 now...).

But for a wedding cake I don't think I would want to just go with some place I am not too sure of.
If I were to get a wedding cake I would maybe try and make one myself,lol or else go to a store (or maybe make cupcakes myself).

Is her daycare even registered? or is it one of those "under the table" kind of things were she "babysits"??

2011 Sep 20
I bought 10 coupons from Kahoot. I have been trying since last March to order something from this Fraud! I emailed Kahoot today and they were hearing alot of bad things about this Baker??? They will refund me my money. TOO BAD a few bad apples spoil the lot!

2012 Mar 1
If you can, stay far far away from this business. I've had nothing but excuses from her. Ordered a "cupcake of the month" deal from her, paid, and was corresponding by email... I never got the cupcakes... got a sob story about losing someone in the family... felt badly, gave her another chance and she didn't deliver the cupcakes... emailed her asking why not and was told her hubbie actually came by but there was no answer... definitely NOT true... tried to get my money back to no avail. I think she's trying to do too much but that's not MY problem. Stay far, far away.

2012 Dec 13
please read stay away from this person

krystawilliamsottawa.yolasite.com