Preggo cravings? [General]

2011 Jan 26
I'm pregnant and a common question I get is whether I've had any strange food cravings. The answer is no. While I did survive for a few weeks on fuji apples, baby cukes, and ice cream during the first trimester, my appetite has been completely normal.

So I ask you the question -- what are/were your (or those of your partner)cravings during pregnancy?

2011 Jan 26
Grapefruit juice and Macintosh apples.

2011 Jan 26
While it wasn't a craving, I couldn't stand the smell of meat cooking for the first few months and I lost my taste for single malt which unfortunately never really returned. The latter just meant more for my DH.

2011 Jan 26
no cravings. i had morning sickness for the entire pregnancy (literally threw up every single day of pregnancy). i did want sugar near the end. one thing i couldn't smell, eat or look at was bananas.

2011 Jan 26
Anything I saw on TV...KFC, Swiss Chalet, Harvey's... and then I couldn't face it when I got it. Beer was my biggest craving. I was not a beer drinker at the time. Drank lots of nonalcoholic near beer...just for the taste. Have loved beer ever since. Also could not bear the smell of newsprint.

2011 Jan 26
For my first it was bratwurst on a bun. Eggs also became absolutely delicious. They still are and now I like hard boiled. I used to hate those. I never got my taste back for turnip or rutabaga.

For my second I couldn't stand meat of any sort - smell, look and wouldn't even try tasting. I could tolerate chicken in the last trimester. I remember telling my hubby to please take some sausage out of the fridge to put in the freezer so I couldn't smell it. I had to be on the other side of the house while he opened the fridge door to do this.

2011 Jan 26
My wife (just starting 3rd trimester) hasn't had any cravings. There is, however, one thing that she can't stand now and that is the smell of smoked chiles.

So no more mole poblano, at least until the baby arrives.

2011 Jan 27
Well I WAS a vegetarian until this 2nd pregnancy...

I also need to have a 50/50 OJ with grapefruit perrier many times a day.

There was a stretch where I wanted lots of Caesar salad too.
Today I really want pineapple but am feeling too crappy to go get some.