Cupcakes [Food/Vendor]

2011 Jan 23
If you have a party, wedding coming soon please check out my site. My prices are reasonable compare to all other places and if you order more than 2 dozen then we can make a deal. You won't be disappointed! Thanks.

2011 Jan 24
I think customers/ other users would be more inclined to check out your website if you were to engage in the site in some way other than shilling your cupcakes.

2011 Jan 24
I'm not sure I consider $27 for a dozen cupcakes to be a very good deal. Convince me.

2011 Jan 25
Are people really allowed to sell food they make at home?
I thought there was regulations for that?
I dunno.....

Also I was told Three Bakers and a Bike charges $24? for a dozen cupcakes i you order in advance (They were selling discounted coupons a few weeks ago for their cupcakes...so i paid much less,have not redeemed yet).

To go with your cupcakes if you are looking for Gelato, I know a store who can give you a discount if you order 3 litres.
My mother just did that last week and paid around $40 for 3x one liter (or 32 oz X 3).

Is there tax on the $27?

2011 Jan 25
You can sell from home as long as you have been inspected by the health dept. And have a vendors license This you can only obtain once the health dept. Has done it's inspection.
I always ask for this report when buying from home based businesses

2011 Jan 26
I just remembered you can also sell from home I think you can sell from home if you make stuff in a licensed facility?
like if you know someone that has a kitchen for rent?

-I usually make my own desserts since I like baking :)
(not for sale...just "personal use", lol ;)

2011 Aug 6
For the guy who thinks $27 for a dozen cupcakes is too much? Do you know what the cost is to make one cupcake from scratch using only the best ingredients I can get? It costs me anywhere between .90 to .95 cents to make a cupcake depending on their size. Have you tried all the other places that were mentioned? Half of them taste like dough and are super dry and they don't use butter but oil.
For the person that wanted to know if it's legal to sell the cupcakes you don't need to worry about that I've checked into it and I'm doing nothing wrong. If you want to buy some great if not keep your thoughts to yourself unless you've tried my cupcakes and they let you down which won't happen.
Also, I have no tax on my cupcakes and I always go the extra mile to make sure they don't only taste great but also look great, do other shops? If you think you can find a better deal with great ingredients I would like to see it! THANKS.

2011 Aug 6
I think Martha Stewart used to sell home baked cakes door to door when she was younger. Anyway it's not easy to start a business, good on you for taking the initiative. I wish you good luck Ivonne.