Organics Delivered 2 weeks for $39.95 from Wagjag deal site! [General]

2011 Jan 22
I saw this deal a few days ago- you can get 2 weeks of organic produce (fruits and veggies) from Organics Delivered in the Ottawa area.
Last year I got the same deal from the Groupon website.

You can plan your delivery to be every second week or two weeks in a row.
The box I received was slightly bigger than a bankers box.
Quality was good, but I found when a lot of produce was still in season in Ottawa they still gave me imported lettuce,apples and other things.

I didn't join their service afterward as it was too much fresh fruit and veggies for me an this might be better for 2 people.

Here is the link:

www.wagjag.com

There is also nothing stating this is for previous customers,so for $40 for two weeks I'm kind of tempted now esp since there is not much local produce.

(I do have a lot of local Quebec veggies at home from a basket I bought,beets,garlic,potatoes,rutabaga,kohlrabi,parsnip)
-so if you look you can still find some local produce now :)

2011 Jan 23
That's a good way to get to know a neighbour, don't you think?
;)

No, seriously. If you enjoy the fresh veggies you get from a delivery service and their smallest box is too big, get the next bigger box and find a like-minded neighbour and split it with them. You'll make a friend, maybe split up recipes and start cooking more. We did something like that a few years ago and it worked out for everyone.

2011 Jan 23
Hi!
The neighbour idea sounds good- but my neighbours are not too friendly and would most likely find it "weird" that I was offering produce.
I just saw my Aunt today and she said she would split the order with me as long as I get the delivery when she is not away for work and can pick up the items.

I already cook a lot with vegetables as I do not eat tons of meat.
The regular price of this box is too much for me and right now I can order a basket of local organic vegetables with 7-10 kinds of veggies for $18 and it i not subscription based :)
(but even with that I ended up with a too big bag of potatoes for one person..like 5lbs of potatoes).

But still this deal considering you can get every second week delivery is allright as it would be $10 a week for fruits and veggies.

2011 Jan 26
Prettytasty, I'd love to know where you get your basket! I love that it's not subscription based. I can't afford to pay 500$ in the beginning of each season, so getting one basket once in a while would be great for me!

Thanks!

2011 Jan 27
It is from one of the farmers at Marche Outaouais.
You do have to go pick it up yourself though.

But so far I've been pleased as I do not have $500 extra to spend right now.
But it seems that it is just a vegetable basket- not too sure if they have fruit in the summer or what.

It is from the local farm Ferme Au Pleines Saveurs.
You can also just order the vegetables separately if you want to pick what you get.
Next time, for myself I will do that as I do not want as many of some of the root vegetables I got.
(would have liked a bit less potatoes maybe?)

marcheoutaouais.com

Panier de légumes variés biologiques (Petit) | Un panier de légumes de saison. Comme la disponibilité des légumes est limité en hiver la composition variera peu d'une semaine à l'autre. Voici les légumes qui pourraient se retrouver dans votre panier cet hiver : Panais, persil racine, pomme de terre, chou vert, chou rave, betterave et radis à chair rouge. | Prix : 18.00$ | Quantité disponible : INFINI

last week I had : 4x small garlic bulbs
2lb beets
2lb rutabaga
5lb red potatoes
very large Kholrabi- at least 3lbs
2lb Panais (forget english name).

There was 2 other things and I can't remember what they were?

The market is pretty easy to get to by bus.
I take the 8 or whatever to place Chaudiere, then take another bus for 3 blocks (or walk) down Eddy street.
it is around a 5 minute walk.
I try an go twice a month in the winter if I can to get stuff there.

------------
Also, I finally got around to calling Organics Delivered and asked if I could do the 2 box trial and that I did a trial last year.
The lady on the phone who I spoke to said that was fine.
Now hopefully the info she gave me was correct.
I guess I will see when I use their service in March (waiting till I get back from a trip to use it...fridge will be empty then :)

2011 Mar 3
Has anyone received this deal yet? Yesterday I waited at home for my first box to be delivered. None appeared. I want to buy local and support new businesses, but this is the second time I've expected a delivery from Organics delivered that didn't show up. Unless somebody can tell me that the produce is wonderful, I'm inclined to cancel without ever actually being able to try their stuff.

2011 Mar 3
Update: After repeatedly trying to call Organics Delivered today and being unable to leave a message (mailbox full) I called WagJag to cancel the deal. WagJag gave me a full refund no questions asked. The WagJag contact tells me that Organics delivered is going through some "upgrade issues" in Ottawa, and said that letters should have gone out to their customers to that effect. Too bad. Would have liked to have tried this.

2011 Mar 5
blubarry,

I bought the deal also. Do they have any idea how long they are going to be having upgrade issues? I was thinking of doing it in the spring or summer when better choices are available but need to check if it last that long.

If not, I might gift it to a friend in Toronto when I stay with her for a few days as a hostess gift.

2011 Mar 5
Food Travel: Organics delivered never indicated to me that they had any difficulty at all, they agreed to deliver to me twice on the phone; Both times I waited and didn't receive the order. When I tried to call back I was not able to speak to anyone, and their voicebox was full, so I just called wagjag to cancel for a refund. Wagjag didn't say anything about when the problems would be resolved, just that I should have received a letter from Org. Del. (I didn't) and that the "upgrade issues" were in Ottawa. If you are successful with them, please let us know, as I would appreciate this kind of service, if it works properly.

2011 Mar 6
I am asking for a refund too.
emailed Wagjag earlier.

But the thing is most of their produce I got was imported.
Local...kiwi,bananas, Earthbound farm carrots and lettuce when it was still the Farmer's market season here in Ottawa.
-I had bought this deal on Groupon.

I am not surprized they are "busy" as they sold thousands of these deals online and then expect people to pay $40 per box afterwards?

Which is ok for organic,but for one person it is too much.

If you want local produce the Marche Outaouais- in the winter they have some produce, mainly potatoes,beets,mushrooms from Le Coprin,carrots maybe and also even STRAWBERRIES :)
Yup local strawberries! (but.lol they are the frozen kind...they had some left a few weeks ago and now might have some mashed berry compote I think...haven't checked lately though).

I also looked at the Organics Delivered website earlier and now they have no postal code box for service info, pricing has been taken down.
Weird...

2011 Mar 7
And we have had great stuff from the Ottawa Organic Market at Bank and Heron behind the Canadian Tire on Saturdays 10 till 2.

2011 Mar 7
I have only been to the lansdown farmers market..

Someone said the st. Paul's one on Sat is very good. Is that the one you are takling about blubarry?

2011 Mar 7
Forgot that I tried the just food or good food boxes last summer.. it was interesting but I found the short pickup times a bit limiting so stopped. Also you need to pay in person and then pick up in person on different day.
www.centretownchc.org
Anyone trying it in the winter?

My sister tried as well but she found it was a lot for 1 person... Think the organic box was $25 and only available in the summer.

2011 Mar 7
FoodTravel That St. Paul market on Saturdays is only open during the summer months (May until October I believe). The market blubarry is referring to is the Ottawa Organic Farmers Market: www.oofmarket.ca They are located at Bank and Heron in the Canada Care medical building behind Canadian Tire. It's a neat little market - lots of locally raised meats, homemade baked goods and lots of veggies (although not too many at this time of year). They are open year round and worth a trip if you ever are looking for something to do on a Saturday morning.

2011 Mar 7
Thanks Foodtravelfor the link. I have been getting local eggs, cheese, milk, baked goods and meats at the Ottawa Organic Farmers Market through the winter. Lots of imported organic fruits and veg too.

2011 Mar 8
yeah bluebarry the good food box was interesting but I found the once a month format a bit annoying for me..

The closest location near me needs to pay upfront in cash and with my travel schedule before I do not know till closer in if I will be in town so cannot pay month before. So 2 trips to pay and pick up was not convenient so I stopped after 2 boxes.

My sister went for longer and saw her organic box in the summer and it was an okay deal for $25 but she thought it was too much for 1 person.. She is the only vegetarian in the house and my BIL does the shopping for the rest of the family and for her too sometimes at Farmboy lol.

2011 Mar 8
Organics Delivered is out of business!

From other people's posting here and on the shopping board it sounded like that.

organicsdelivered.com/

hoping to get a WagJag refund soon or else Visa I guess!

2011 Mar 8
Talk to wagjag. They refunded my purchase, and gave me an extra $10 credit for the trouble.

2011 Mar 8
Wagjag said they were giving everyone a $50 credit.

personally I'd like the $50 more.
I might or might not get another Wagjag deal...but would rather have actual money at the moment!

2011 Mar 9
You should call them. I did and they reversed the charge on my credit card.