Seedy Saturday [Events]

2011 Jan 20
Grow your own food! Seedy Saturday – come out and learn about organic gardening in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario: seed exchange, gardening tips, canning and more! All are welcome to join the organic gardening community.
Saturday, March 5, 2011
10 am -3 pm
Ron Kolbus Lakeside Community Centre
Britannia Park (off Grandeur Ave.)
For more information: Greta at greta@seeds-organic.com or Kate at kgreen@usc-canada.org

2011 Jan 23
My husband tries to get to this every year, great selection of seeds, and many are certified organic.

Sometimes COG (Canadian Organic Growers) puts on a small class there as well. Don't recall if they are this year.

If you do go, be prepared for a packed place! There are loads of great seeds, but loads of people too. This is a great way for those who want to grow their own local food to buy local seeds.

2011 Mar 5
I took my Mom there 2 years ago and promised to take her this year... actually today lol

2011 Mar 7
picked up some seeds for sweet chocolate peppers (which tried and failed 1-2 years ago), dragon rainbow kale, wild strawberry and armenian cucumbers and got some polish amarath on the seed swap table.

My mom has been trying to find proper seeds for lebanese cucumbers for a while... I think she tried osc seeds from Ritchies feed and seed last year but it was not the right ones.