Dried beans? [General]

2007 May 6
I'm trying to find a reliable source of a variety of high quality and relatively fresh dried beans. I'm going to check out Grace Ottawa (as recommended by Fresh Foodie in the vendors list), but I was wondering if anyone else has suggestions.

2007 May 6
There was a post a little while ago on this. I seem to remember that bulk barn came up for reg. beans, and Herb and Spice on Bank for organic. Check the archives here:

www.ottawafoodies.com

or type "dried beans" into the find feature.

2007 May 6
There is also a huge selection of beans at the Mid East Food Centre on St Laurent Boulevard.

2007 May 7
You might also want to try the Natural Food Pantry on York street. Herb and Spice on Bank has recently fallen out of favour with me recently so I am now shopping around for a new place to buy bulk foods. So far I have been pleased with the quality of beans, rice, etc. at the Natural Food Pantry. I have hit and miss experiences with their veggies though (the kale and macedoine mix are fresh but the spinach is dubious...) Now that the organic farmers markets are open for the summer I can get my fresh produce there but finding organic produce during the off season will be a new project next fall...