Boxing Day Brunch [General]

2010 Dec 21
Hello all, I was planning on making a reservation at the Chateau Laurier on Boxing Day, but they're sold out :( My family is coming in from PEI so I wanted to take them somewhere special. Any suggestions for an alternative location? Thanks!

2010 Dec 21
If you don't mind the drive, try chateaux Montebello.

2010 Dec 21
L'Arôme (at the Lac Leamy Hilton)has a rather nice brunch buffet, and it includes access to the pool (indoor-outdoor heated pool)

2010 Dec 21
Murray street has great food anytime

2010 Dec 21
Lots of great suggestions above, another place to check out is the newly opened Grill41 at the Lord Elgin Hotel which is within the same vicinity of the Chateau Laurier. I don't know if they'll offer a brunch service that day, best to call ahead. Merry Christmas everyone!

2010 Dec 22
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, and happy christmas!

2010 Dec 22
I've never been personally, but Le Cafe's (@ NAC) brunch comes very highly recommended, and I believe they are open.

2010 Dec 22
if Jak's on Bronson is open and can accomodate your numbers i recommend it.

2010 Dec 22
I can second Chopper's and Tracinho's recommendations of Murray Street and Le Café. Both are awesome.

Good luck on your search! Hope it goes well!

2010 Dec 23
We went to brunch at Montebello once when the caban a sucre we like (Brazzeau, near Papineauville) was stuffed to the brim. Although the brunch was very good, we were shocked at the price: I think it was around $37-- I just looked it up and it is now $44 (well, it was a long time ago).

Having said that, it is a lovely drive if you take Highway 5 to the end (don't do 148 through Gatineau suburbs and malls). Drop in on Floralpe Cheese just before (or just after) Papineauville if they are open. You can get Peter and Heidi for about half the city prices.

It's a slice of the country that can be quite beautiful for tourists, and although the little towns can be pretty tacky, they are what they are.