Anybody know anywhere that's hiring? [General]

2007 Apr 22
Hey- as some of you know, I recently graduated from culinary school and now I need a job - y'know bills and all...sigh. I noticed some help wanted signs up in some of the restaurants in the Glebe today and was wondering if anyone else had seen any signs in their neighborhood restaurants, so I can hit 'em up with my resume this week?

Any leads are appreciated! Thanks guys!

2007 Apr 23
I have nothing to offer other than congratulations. (And, I'll keep my eye out.)

2007 Apr 23
A good way to start is to actually think of the restaurants you would LOVE/LIKE to work (or the type, you know high end or not), check out their websites...they usually have a "career/jobs" link to click on for more info. Good Luck!! You'll have to let us know where you end up!

2007 Apr 23
you should check out jobbank.gc.ca/Intro_en.aspx

look up cook or chef in Ottawa. alot of hits come up.

I dont know if there's any sous chef positions, but hey, where better to start than the bottom?

2007 Apr 29
FiH, I just came across this add while searching for something else:

workingottawajobs.canada.com

If the link doesn't work, Aroma Meze is apparently looking for all kinds of staff, from servers to kitchen staff and a sous chef. :)

2007 Apr 29
And of course let us know when you do get a job, so we can come and review you... ;-)

2007 Apr 29
Yeah, cause I'll really need the added pressure :)

2007 Apr 29
Something about heat in the kitchen? I'm of course just teasing. Not sure I'd want this band of merry folk tearing up my food either.. Of course, if the reviews were all fabulous.. not so bad...

2007 Apr 29
haha... I've been to friends' houses for a meal and had them ask, "You aren't going to review this meal on your website are you??"

This tells me that they're slightly nervous having a self-proclaimed Fresh Foodie over for dinner. Of course they need not be -- I've cooked some pretty dismal food myself and do not judge friends' cooking harshly. I'm just really grateful that they've invited me to their table. If the food is incredible, that's just gravy! (so to speak)

FiH, eventually I hope you'll let us know where you end up working. It would be awesome to be able to give feedback directly to the chef via this site! I have a feeling we'd have mostly positive comments anyway, and any negative comments would just be little missing bits of perfection. In my work, I usually appreciate useful constructive criticism, as it's the only way I'll ever improve. :)

2007 Apr 30
Food is Hot,

What about the places you went to for your stage? Are they hiring? Is it anyplace that you are interested in working?
I guess it also helps to know what kind of cooking you are interested in doing and what your expectations are for a starting position. Lots of places will be hiring soon, but many of them will not likely be the kind of cooking you want to do. So I agree with the previous poster....apply for the jobs you'd really love to have first, maybe you'll get lucky early on and not have to modify your expectations. A former coworker of mine used to apply for jobs for fun (go figure!) and the strange thing was ...she'd always get offered them. She turned down one in Barbados, but got a super-easy job with really sweet hours at a daycare and it paid really well. She left THAT job to go work in Mexico for awhile, and then on to Whistler, and then England. I don't even know where she is now...

Anyway, good luck with your search.

2011 Dec 8
Bagel Baker - Kettlemans Bagel Co.
ottawa.kijiji.ca

2012 Feb 9
Murray Street KWC is hiring servers: mypict.me

2013 Apr 5
Green/environmental jobs posted here (from across Canada + locally):
ex: handy person for the Ottawa Farmers Market, purchaser for an organic food co-op, chefs, farm workers etc..

www.goodworkcanada.ca/gw.php

2013 Apr 5
Connors pub (Bank & MacLaren) is looking for a bartender with experience.

2013 Apr 22
Beckta is looking for a manager

email sbeckta@beckta.com

2013 Apr 22
Hi there:

We are looking for a cook both at Gezellig and at Beckta. You can email our executive chef, Mike Moffatt directly at mmoffatt@beckta.com. Good luck!

2013 Apr 22
I have no experience (Algonquin Sommelier grad, however) and am looking for a serving job... not so easy in this city!

2013 Apr 22
Meagicano- Try Art is In. They are waiting on a liscence,

2013 Apr 27
Ottawa Bagelshop is looking for a bagel roller / baker