Beaver-flapper chicharron [General]

2010 Oct 9
And now for something completely different. Cooking odd meats.
Warning: Not for vegans or raccoon-lovers.

For anyone who has walked through the Mer Bleue bog and thought (aside from Wow, this is so beautiful): Hmm, I wonder what that beaver's tail tastes like, I give you...
www.cookingissues.com

I came across this article by way of the Aging Lime Juice posting ~ thank you very much MyBlueStar...that blog will now be in the regular reading rotation.

2010 Oct 9
"Czimer's exotic-meat dealings have landed him in hot water before. Back in 2003, Chicago newspapers covered his conviction and six-month prison sentence for selling meat from federally protected tigers and leopards. Czimer admitted to purchasing the carcasses of 16 tigers, four lions, two mountain lions and one liger -- a tiger-lion hybrid -- which were skinned, butchered and sold as "lion meat," for a profit of more than $38,000."

money.cnn.com

2010 Oct 9
Interesting article.
I do not think I could eat most of those meats.

The Beaver tail "paddle" that looked interesting and I looked at the blog where they cooked that.

two things they do not sell are chicken feet- guessing those are common enough people might not buy them?

And no pigeon on the menu?
I have gone to this Chinese restaurant on Bank st- Emperor Dining lounge
and they have BBQ pigeon on the menu.
apparently they get that from a farm.
-the same restaurant they also have fish tanks and you can pick your live fish and they will cook it for you.