The Best Mac n' Cheese [Food/Vendor]

2010 Oct 5
If you have ever had the perfect Mac n' Cheese? No, Not the one you were forced to eat as a child, not from a box or freezer...I'm talking about the most perfect balance of pasta,cheese and spices. When you take your last bite you close your eyes and wish it wasn't. Well folks, I have found it!

It was one of those days...somewhere between Nanimo and London in December kinda weather. cold and a steady mist of rain. I went to Serious Cheese on bank st. and when I walked in it was like getting wrapped up in a blanket. They were just putting out a brand new batch Bacon Mac n' Cheese...I had to have the first serving. It looked to good to be true. It tasted even better!

I want to know, if anyone out there cares that the best Mac n' Cheese is being consumed daily, by the pan load,7 days a week. If there is to be an award, the golden noodle goes to...SERIOUS CHEESE!!!

Yes, I have heard that it's a bummer they only serve lunch until 3...but when its this good, it goes quick. So plan on it, make time...and enjoy!

Serious.

2010 Oct 5
While this is written a bit like an ad, I will give credit to Big Cheese: Serious Cheese's Mac and Cheese is really, really, really good. Seriously.

2010 Oct 6

I was told they one make hot foods until 3pm.
I was there one day at 3:25pm and a cold and rainy day and told you couldnot even get a grilled cheese or a panini after 3pm

so, dissapointed I bought a cookie and left.
I was told I could buy a cold,refrigerated panini..but the grill could not be turned on to toast my sandwich.

rather dissapointed.

Maybe this is their new policy, if not I had a lazy employee.

I make pretty good pasta and cheese at home :)

I have some Amish hand made Tomato Basil noodles, peccorino peppato cheese from Canreg station and a seasoning of black pepper and "grains of desire" spices.
I'll have to write down the recipe one day.