Heirloom Tomatoes - Where can I find locally grown? [Food/Vendor]

2010 Oct 1
I am looking for locally grown heirloom tomatoes. Has anyone seen any fine specimens out there? I am worried that all the rain didn't do them any favours this season.

2010 Oct 1
Find Bryson Farms at a local market - have not seen them at Parkdale this year. They usually have several heirloom varieties.

2010 Oct 1
Bryson is selling through the Piggy Market, or you can always order a weekly basket of produce through them which typically contains a ton of tomatoes, in my experience.

2010 Oct 1
Bryson Farms - Where You Can Find Us This Season: www.brysonfarms.com

2010 Oct 2
Acorn creek

2010 Oct 2
Thanks so much everyone.

2010 Oct 2
SunTech's Heirloom Tomatoes sometimes make an appearance at The Herb & Spice(s).
This is related:
Forum - Heirloom tomato plants
Yes, it's about the plants but it has stayed in my head since I read it here... so, if you're hoping/planning to plant heirloom tomatoes next year, may it stay in yours too.

2010 Oct 2
I've also found some at the Main Street Organic market on Saturdays. Can't remember which vendors but there was more than one. Not sure if any more will be available as it is getting pretty close to frost (if not already in the country) at night. I guess it will depend if they have storage or not.

2010 Oct 4
Ran across a Goodwoods Farms post on Kijij. They are selling organically grown Roma and Beefsteak Tomatoes for Canning near Carleton Place. See the ad for details: ottawa.kijiji.ca

2010 Oct 6
Oh, I just remembered that Cedars and Company on Bank st they have had some Bryson Farms produce and it is sold in bags with their label.

I have seen potatoes,carrots and I forget the rest.
Cedars does seem to be making a big effort to sell local produce and products.

they are also open till 10pm every day,so very convenient!

2012 Jul 14
Hawthorn Farm is growing Heirloom tomatoes this year. They are in first year of growing heirloom so not sure where they will be selling them, i saw carelton place market or north gower..