Coffee Survey [General]

2010 Sep 22
I'm considering buying a small commercial coffee roaster.

Please fill out my survey to guage what my market might be amongst my immediate contacts

www.surveymonkey.com/s/MTDPSTZ

2010 Sep 22
That is so cool How small is small? Is it gas or electric powered?

Where are you sourcing your beans.?

I've been roasting for a few years but it has been just recently that I started to read a little more about it.

2010 Sep 22
The unit I am looking at does 2kg at a time and is popular with small cafes who want to roast their own. It is electric. Sourcing beans at greenbeanery.ca

2010 Sep 23
I have been dreaming about getting a fluid bed roaster by Mike Sivetz. His book on roasting is considered the best book on the subject even though he wrote about it in the 60's.
His website is not great but don't let that fool you. His roasters are amazing.
www.sivetzcoffee.com/
You may want to check out the Coffee Bean Corral (www.coffeebeancorral.com/). The have a huge selection of beans and even with the shipping and exchane rate you will save about $1.

Your roaster sounds wonderful. Mine only handles 150 gm at a time.

I will ask around for you as well.

2010 Sep 23
I roast coffee myself so I wouldn't purchase the roasted beans from you, but I would purchase green coffee beans if you resold some. I know there are impressive discounts on bulk coffee beans but I lack the space/resources to buy my beans in bulk. You are within walking distance of my place and thus I would be happy to purchase from you and save the shipping.

2010 Sep 23
I answered your survey as well. I also roast coffee (just the popcorn popper method) but don't always get around to it so I do also buy a lot of pre-roasted from Equator and iDeal. If you managed to source some harder-to-find beans that would be pretty attractive too. The old management of the Tea Party, where I always used to buy my coffee, used to get in Panama Boquete and coffee from the French island of Dominique both of which I really liked but are hard to find around town now. The prices weren't cheap but were nowhere near Kona or Blue Mountain (neither of which I'm interested in because of the price).